“Awesome! Alot better than I expected!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Austin/Airport South

Super 8 Austin/Airport South
Ranked #71 of 197 Hotels in Austin
LAREDO
“Awesome! Alot better than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I spent 5 nights in this hotel. The staff was very curteous, the continental breakfast was good and staff were constanantly monitoring it and restocking as needed. The room size was more than ample and also had a microwave oven, mini fridge and all the other amenities. If I go back to Austin in the future I would definately stay there again. The rooms were clean and maintained throughout my time there. I have stayed in several hotels in Austin from the fancy to the lower cost ones, by far this one was better than all of them. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Palatine, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I cannot say enough for this Super 8. I phoned at 10pm, speaking with the Mgr., explaining that my husband was on his way from Chicago to Austin, and unfortunately I was not able to get on the flight with him. I told him that I was making the reservation so that my husband would not have to worry about hotel accomodations. The gentleman told me that he would hold a room and asked that I have my husband call to confirm when he landed.

My husband called me, following his conversation with the hotel, and told me that the Manager was unbelievably helpful, offering to pick my husband up at the airport. We had a car booked, so that was not necessary. The location was perfect, just minutes from the airport. Upon check-in, the staff was professional and courteous. The room was large, meticulously clean and there was a complimentary welcome basket of snacks. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful and included in the affordable room price.

I am in the airline industry, and you can bet I will pass along to all my colleagues that this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are hungry, a Jack In the Box is adjacent to the hotel for a quick meal.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This Hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The room was gorgeous and clean. They had 24 hour coffee & the continental breakfast was good with fresh waffles. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: We had the Asian Suite & it was decorated very nicely to inclued a love seat swing.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Summary: Having stayed in 3 Super 8's in March this was far and away the best one (and one of the best hotels we stayed in during our two-month road-trip actually American).

Location: Easy enough to find with our sat-nav, so no complaints there. We used it as a base to see Austin, which is about 20-25 minutes drive away. It is close to the airport (about 5-10 minutes) drive.

Room: Nice and spacious, as was the bathroom. We received complimentary water and toothpaste, which was much appreciated. The bed was nice and comfy and we got good night's sleeps on all nights. We didn't get any noise from the airport keeping us up either.

Cleanliness: We were here for three nights, and it was spotless from start to finish.

Staff: All nice and friendly, smiley and happy to have a chat at any point. Also ready and willing to hand out quarters for the washing machine & dryer. We spoke in particular to Vikram, so was very sweet and nice to us and also willing to help and have a chat.

Facilities: There was a gym, however never saw it so cannot comment. There was a solitary washing machine and a dryer too. The washing machine and dryer were speedy, and were very effective.

Breakfast: The breakfast was a basic selection of hot and cold, but filling. The breakfast room is not the largest, however we had no problems finding a seat on any day.

Internet: A decent speed, good enough for e-mail and Facebook and for uploading photos.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NaRif2011
Center, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've never rated a hotel before because I've never been so impressed. This one was easy to get to, had amazingly friendly staff--even at midnight when we checked in--and was clean, clean, clean! Everything from the front door to the remote control was super clean, which is always a plus. They had a mini store-like selection of Gatorades, instant noodles, candy, and medicines behind the front desk. They had free DVDs to watch and books to read. There was a check-in 'gift' of bottled water, pretzels, crackers, and mints in a basket. The cutest little teddy bear offered a menu of PILLOWS to order!!! I loved the body pillow, and my daughter got a feather pillow-just like home! The beds were amazing. Decor was gorgeous; looked like fresh paint (or at least well-kept paint); nice carpet...I absolutely couldn't find a single thing negative to say about this place. The overnight clerk who was there when we checked in and knew we had to be downtown for a 5K at 6 am even opened breakfast early for us so we could eat. He also gave us late check-out so we could come back and shower before our drive home. I don't think I'll stay anywhere else in Austin!!! High quality everything!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family