“My favorite Indian food buffet in Austin”
Review of Star of India

Star of India
Ranked #887 of 4,241 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is my favorite lunch buffet place in Austin. It's in the shopping center where Alamo theater is, and AOMA clinic. The buffet always has great stuff, always Basmati Rice, always Nann, always a Chicken dish and several spiced vegetable dishes.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I always grab and go, would love to come in for dinner. I've looked at their buffet and it all looks and smells so good!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Indian food is one of my favorite cuisines. So much so that I even know how to make many Indian dishes at home. However, this place was an epic disappointment. I had the buffet which included chicken tikka masala, saag paneer, and naan among many other delicious-looking dishes. However, the saag paneer had almost no flavor and the chicken tikka masala was FAR from what I'd expect at an Indian restaurant. :(

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We all went for an early dinner only to find the Star of India did not open until 5:30PM for dinner. Although four of us , plus a baby and another couple were standing outside the door they did not open until 5:30PM, come-on guys a few minutes early would not hurt.
The buffet seems to be the same as before. I really wanted a little salad and I just love the fired fish so my meal started out perfectly and it just continued that way. My wife wanted some dal but none was available this time. The chicken dishes were very good and the lamb meatballs were also very good. A couple of typical Indian veggie dishes, some shrimp, naan etc. filled out a very nice selection of foods. The samosas could have been a little crispier and had more seasonings. The one dish with a fried cheese was actually not very good so after a bite or two both my wife and I decided there were so many other good things to eat we pushed it to the side. The baby loves rice and she was so excited to have the rice pudding but then she tried the mango pudding as well and she was very happy, along with a store bought cookie which is strange for a place like this.
Very attentive service and good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I had not been to this location in 20 years and today the food was just as i remembered fresh food awsome flavor and taste so many choices. Tandouri chicken was so moist. I will be returning to this place way more often. Go ahead get your indian food fix at this place.