“Fresh, authentic North and South Indian vegetarian cuisine in a charming and friendly setting”
Review of Swad

Swad
Ranked #1,894 of 3,781 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 7 December 2016

My girlfriends and I stumbled onto this gem when we made a field trip to the Indian market next door (don't miss that either). We have been back twice to Swad, and it's rocketed to the top of my Austin Indian Food list. We enjoyed two thalis, some pakora, a dhosa, naan, roti, puri . . . everything was delicious and beautiful. The restaurant is very simple and completely charming, as is the lovely woman who runs it (she may be the owner as well). We will be back to try more dishes!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Swad

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I have been to this restaurant 2 times till now. Food was really great and is moderately priced. Alu Parata is one of my fav items in this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

The food is fresh and nice. There is lot of food served for the money. So best to order as you need. My daughter ordered the Hakka noodles and they brought it out after 30 minutes and it was too spicy snd overcooked. The rest of the food was well prepared. They waived off the charge for the noodles at check out.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

A vegan I'm not. Not even close to a vegetarian either but here I was, trying Indian cuisine that when I perused the menu ( which is quite extensive ), there wasn't a thing on it that I recognized. Not being Indian ( think India ), everything on the menu might as well been written in Arabic. Make a long story short, my wife and I picked a combination plate special that referenced at least 7 different Indian foods, and surprisingly all were quite flavorful, some spicy, some sweet, but bottom line, it was excellent!

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Ordered Vada Pav and it is the worst I have ever had. Too hard , took one bite. We also ordered idli. There was weird smell . Again Just one bite!!!

Been to Swad? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK