“A Vegetarians/Vegans Delight!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 11 August 2016

A vegan I'm not. Not even close to a vegetarian either but here I was, trying Indian cuisine that when I perused the menu ( which is quite extensive ), there wasn't a thing on it that I recognized. Not being Indian ( think India ), everything on the menu might as well been written in Arabic. Make a long story short, my wife and I picked a combination plate special that referenced at least 7 different Indian foods, and surprisingly all were quite flavorful, some spicy, some sweet, but bottom line, it was excellent!

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Ordered Vada Pav and it is the worst I have ever had. Too hard , took one bite. We also ordered idli. There was weird smell . Again Just one bite!!!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

We are hooked to their chat. Love all the items on their menu. Personal favorites are Sev Puri, Dahi Puri & Ragada Patties. Been there on multiple occasions. The service is quick, prices reasonable. Family friendly, plenty of parking.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

While traveling to Austin recently, a friend and I found Swad Vegetarian Indian cuisine. The area is quite plain, amidst gas stations, and such, but the food was very good. Portions were hefty. Prepare to take home leftovers. I recommend the Pakora varieties, such as the Indian Tofu, served with spicy and sweet sauces. Very good! I also had Indian puffy bread with chickpea stew. Namaste.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We walked half a mile in the dark from our hotel to reach this restaurant so we were keen to try it. We queued to see the single menu, waited some 10 minutes whilst a party of three in front of us discussed the various merits of the cuisine with the staff. Then were pushed back in the line when friends of others sat inside cut the line in front of us. We waited another 5 minutes then gave up and crossed the road for a vegetarian Pizza. The restaurant staff never acknowledged our presence and doubtless didn't miss us. The food is probably lovely but take a chair and a book to read whilst you wait for service.

1  Thank Holidaysurfer_10