“It is the coleslaw that makes it”

The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que
Ranked #192 of 4,050 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Always great to feel that the airport has some real connection to the town. The Salt Lick chopped brisket is excellent. It is the coleslaw, with vinegar and tiny seeds that makes it real.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

I first ate at the original Salt Lick (South of Austin) in December of 1973. I'm a barbeque guy and I remember thinking this was great stuff.

So, in 2015 I'm at the Austin airport and am looking for food while waiting for my flight. I immediately flocked in line (a long line) to get my BBQ eats.

I got to the two meat platter for $15.95 (it's the airport, remember). I got served fast once I got my order in and the flavor is still there. Also got two sides and bread with the meats.

Plenty of good places to eat BBQ. This is one of them- especially at the airport; make it your choice when you've got the layover.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

What can I say other than the Baja brisket, green chile pulled pork, and salt lick carne guisada were all excellent. Anthony Bourdain said the Singapore airport has the best food; I'd put Austin at the top of my personal list.

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Salt Lick Bar-B-Que was a recommendation from a co-worker, and it was one of the best recommendations I've ever received. The best bar-b-que I've ever eaten and well worth the money. Don't miss the chance to eat here in the Austin airport.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

My flight was delayed and my wait turned into requiring dinner. I had the three meet dinner. This is a lot of food. Brisket, sausage, pulled pork...wow. I never slept better on my flight to Phoenix.