“Review of Enoteca Vespaio - Overrated”
Review of Vespaio

Vespaio
Ranked #44 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 40
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've eaten three times at Enoteca Vespaio and I wont come back. One time was OK, two times was bad. Food here has no balance of flavors. Either too bland (like the mixed greens salad) or too overpowered: too much cheese, too much onion flavor, too much salt...
This last time we decided to try the firewood pizzas instead of pasta, the prosciutto one and the bacon one... both of the extremely salty, we had to abandon half of each individual pizza.
Previous time ordered pasta with meat sauce and too much onion in the sauce.
I'm done with this place.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Vespaio

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The absolute best Italian in Austin and maybe all of the great state of Texas. very popular so expect to wait to get in. we've a devoted diner for years

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Simple decor. Casual atmosphere. Great service. Unbelievably good food. I'm salivating again. I was only there for Sunday Brunch but if I lived in Austin I'd be fat, really, really fat. Don't miss the toast. Sounds crazy but what they do with bread is illegal in some states. And the desserts?--don't get me going.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Although customers dress informally, this South Congress (78704) restaurant provides white table cloth service, wine selections, and food quality. As is true in many Austin restaurants, they have special menu options for gluten or dairy-free diets. The Clam in linguine is fantastic especially when accompanied by one of the recommended wines. The salad dressing is subtle, allowing one to experience the taste of the fresh vegetables. I have not tried the desserts, but they look marvelous.
I try to get there every time that we visit Austin, but the moderately paced service makes it difficult if you have very little children.
There is parking in the back but, if you can find a parking place on Congress, grab it. The area is very popular and parking is limited.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is definitely somewhere we only go on special occasions. The cocktails are usually great, and in most cases the entrees are exceptional. However, they can be very uneven, though to say so is sacrilege around these parts. Last visit, my pizza was burned and had the wrong topping. The waiter argued the point with me, and being with friends who were treating, I let it go. Do they just not care because it isn't the most expensive entree on the menu? Visit before that, every bite we put in our mouths was nirvana, but it should have been with a tab that size. They have also been very accommodating about special dinner arrangements in the past, so I want to give credit where credit is due. I just wish I felt they were consistent, especially for the prices.