“Mexican food that's good n fast”

Cisco's Restaurant Bakery & Bar
Ranked #540 of 4,241 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Reviewed 9 February 2017

We eat there anytime working downtown around lunch. I've tried a lot of different stuff on the menu and they are all solid. The place is quirky and old school, but you can run into local Austin celebs, politicians and everybody else in this place. The lunch specials are always good and they have breakfast all day so you can get whatever you are in the mood for. There is also one waitress that is unbelievably attractive and sweet, she's worth going for if they didn't even serve food!

Reviewed 20 January 2017

I have loved this institution for many years and the service and food quality are still great! We visited again on a recent trip to Austin and found that the building is being sold and they may have to close. I sure hope not! This is a landmark restaurant and should be saved.
The Migas and Huevos Rancheros are not to be missed. The service is always friendly and gracious. Love this restaurant! Please don't close!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

What a great place. You want to meet Austin? Here it is. Unimposing outside. Pothole in the parking lot across the street. Seems like a little place and the front dining room confirms that mistaken impression: plenty of seating in the back. Great staff. Authentic Mexican food. We were there for breakfast with a large group: no problem. Line up the table, shift the staff around and soon we had breakfast for everybody. Hot coffee frequently refilled. Everyone ate everything. We are not picky eaters, but also not unlikely to leave behind food we don't like. Cleaned up our plates. If this place was back home, I would be eating breakfast there every day for the next 10 years!I had the Wulf breakfast plate and it was great. Everyone on the staff is helpful and friendly. Enjoy Cisco's!

1  Thank RL1952
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Recommended by my brother (I will get him back), he told us to go here for good breakfast. Food was fair, and the place can use a good cleaning.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

It has been close to forty years since I enjoyed a meal at Ciscos. The memory of excellent migas was rewarded when I felt the same thrill while dining on my old favorite.
I enjoyed the Julian Read table. Interesting pictures and articles.
Sure hope I return a lot faster than 40 years!