“Food fair, service good, cleanliness terrible.”

Cisco's Restaurant Bakery & Bar
Ranked #542 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Recommended by my brother (I will get him back), he told us to go here for good breakfast. Food was fair, and the place can use a good cleaning.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

It has been close to forty years since I enjoyed a meal at Ciscos. The memory of excellent migas was rewarded when I felt the same thrill while dining on my old favorite.
I enjoyed the Julian Read table. Interesting pictures and articles.
Sure hope I return a lot faster than 40 years!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Great breakfast on east 6th street I always get the kivas breakfast or huevos rancheros and the are great. Must stop for leaving town on Sunday morning !!!! Place has been there since the 1950's.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

As a long-time Austin resident, and with the wife and kids out of town on a recent weekend, I decided to make a long overdue trip to Cisco's. I'm a huge breakfast taco fan, and with Cisco's traditionally making many top breakfast taco lists in Austin, I was excited to give it a try. I was not disappointed.

While I still have a couple favorites I rank higher than Cisco's, it definitely cracked my top 10. The location is pure East Austin, definitely in a gentrifying area but also maintaining some old school Austin charm. It looks small as you walk in, but they have multiple dining rooms and because it's more of a breakfast joint the tables turn over fairly quickly.

I had a sausage and egg breakfast taco, and an order of biscuits and gravy. The biscuits and gravy were really tasty, but the breakfast taco was truly delicious. It was decent-sized, the sausage was tasty and the salsa that came with it had a kick but didn't overshadow the sausage and egg flavors.

My waitress was friendly and attentive, and the prices were very reasonable for the portions.

If you're in Austin and looking for an authentic Austin breakfast experience, Cisco's is a great option.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Hidden on the east side of Austin is one of the three "must go" family Mexican restaurants (Cisco's, Angie's, and Juan in a Million). Relaxed and laid back, the staff is friendly and quick.

I had the migas, which comes with a sausage patty as well as refried beans. Ask for one of each when they ask if you would like tortillas or biscuits. The biscuit with honey and butter hit the spot. The food is excellent, and the atmosphere is a great way to start your day.