All reviews dripping springs cucumber water attending a wedding busy highway great hotel business trip oatmeal would stay here again hot breakfast clean rooms pleasant stay easy access fresh fruit front desk staff free breakfast enjoyed my stay convenient location
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn while vacationing in the Austin area. This hotel was ideally located for us to see sites of interest in Austin, and it provided easy access to the Texas Hill Country. We appreciated the excellent quality for our room at a very economical price. Our room had a king-sized bed, and we made use of the daily breakfasts. However since I prefer cereal for my breakfast, I wish they could have provided a great variety of cereal choices. Also, this Hampton Inn could use better signage because it is difficult to see from Highway 290 during times of heavy traffic. We missed the entrance two times before finding the correct drive way. Traffic can be an issue at this location, but thanks to good advice from the hotel staff, we found that the back street provided us with easy access to area attractions and restaurants.

Room Tip: I prefer upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have stayed at many accommodations in the past, but we have found the Hampton inn to be the cleanest, and most consistent in quality and cleanliness. Whenever possible, we will stay at, and recommend Hampton inn!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Chose this hotel as it is close to the people that we are visiting in Austin. Hotel is clean, A/C works great, pool is nice, breakfast is great, and staff is friendly. Will definitely come and stay here again when we are Austin. I thought the rooms had plenty of space with two queens, desk, night stand, tv stand/dresser, and bench. I saw someone complain about the cleanliness and room size - not an issue on either count.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Great and friendly staff. They go above and beyond your expectations. Nancy helped me from beginning to end. I drove from Houston and arrived at 10am and the hotel manager allowed us to check in early

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This hotel was pretty average for the price. We were in town attending a wedding at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - the location is in close proximity. However, the rooms are small and oddly decorate with rather basic furniture. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were lumpy and the sitting chair was uncomfortable. I am HH member and was not acknowledged as such at check-in (had to ask for bottles of water, which are standard for HH members). Also, the walls of the rooms are paper thin. I could hear every conversation going on around me. Breakfast was nice with hot and cold items, but the dining room area was a little dirty. Tables weren't wiped regularly. I have stayed at other Hampton Inns that seem far superior at a lower price. Was somewhat disappointed in this one.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Chantell S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Lodging_Guru,

First I would like to say thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It is with feedback like yours that our team and I are able to stay committed to making our guests Hampton Happy.

I was disappointed to see that we fell short of our high standards for you during your visit. I see that you stayed with us during peek SXSW, Spring Break, and Rodeo season. I want to apologize you were able to hear through your walls and that the furniture in your room was not comfy for you. I also want to apologize that you were not recognized as a Hilton Honors member. I am unable to make sure that you rewards number was in your reservation due to your screen name does not tell me. We are sure to welcome all our guest, but at the Hampton brand our Gold and Diamond members are to also receive either their snack and beverage or 250 bonus points, depending on what have chose in their membership settings. Gives our Blue and Silver members something to strive for as far as perks go.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other concerns about your stay. I will say that we do not like to see our guests leave unhappy and do hope that you could give us another chance to wow you if you are even back in the Austin area in the future. Thank you again for your review and I hope the rest of your week is wonderful

Warmest Regards,