“Great Detroit-style pizza”

Ranked #38 of 4,248 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Via 313 Pizza proudly serves authentic Detroit Style Square Pizza by the slice or whole pies out of our trailer located at the Violet Crown Social Club. We make all of the traditional Detroit style pizza topping combinations as well as feature gluten and dairy free options. Call ahead orders welcome or just come up to the trailer, go inside the Violet Crown for a drink and let us deliver it to your table.
Reviewed 10 November 2014

If you've been to (and love) Buddy's in Detroit, you should check out Via 313. I grew up just outside of Detroit, and when I saw these guys list Buddy's as an influence, I had to check it out.

I walked ~10 blocks from my downtown hotel to this place, really just a trailer outside a bar. The walk down sixth from the downtown/convention center area is just a bit sketchy, especially after dark. You have to pass under I-35, go past several liquor stores, etc. I chose to take an Uber on the way back, to skip the return walk and not let my pizza get cold!

Date of visit: November 2014

Reviewed 5 November 2014

We went to Craft Pride on Rainey Street and stumbled upon this gem and have been dreaming about it ever since! With classic Detroit pizza as they call it, you will get 4 large squares of a rectangle deep dish pizza. Several different sauces and types are available to please most. Plan on waiting awhile as they often have a long line of orders, but its worth it!

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 6 September 2014

Stumbled upon Via 313 while having drinks at Craft Pride on Rainey and I'm so glad that I did. It was early in the evening so this was not a anything tastes amazing after a night of drinking experience. The pizza was really good and the crust was fantastic. It actually reminded me of pizza I had in Rome but this was even better. I want more!

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 4 September 2014

This pizza was some of the best pizza I have ever had. We ended up going back twice. We only went to the Rainey Street location, which was really cute! It is a truck that is in a fenced in location behind a bar. There are lights, water, and tons of seating. It was extremely flavorful and well made. Not too crunchy and not too soft.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

OK- in all honesty, I stopped by the place after wolfing down a pizza at Bufalina (very good thin crust Italian style pizza) and probably one too many glasses of wine. I saw this stand on my way over and had to get a slice to see how it matches up to the DTW style pizza I loved growing up in the suburbs of Detroit. I will say, they did a great job- very similar to Buddy's or Shields. For those of you who don't know the style, thickness wise it's about 1/2 between NYC and Chicago style. IMHO, good Detroit style pizza requires a certain crunchiness to the crust (all too often they can be too doughy) especially in the corners as well as a slight sweetness to the sauce. Via 313 hits the nail on the head. If you are looking for something different than the typical thin crust pizza, definitely check this place out. After having both in one night, they were both excellent but in very different ways.

Date of visit: June 2014