All reviews fitzgerald suite historic neighborhood other guests b and b monroe room within walking distance sitting room each morning quiet location breakfast was delicious close to downtown perfect stay full kitchen bars and restaurants coffee maker downtown austin garbo
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Bravahouse is located in a very nice neighbor. If you like to walk, everything is close. Very quiet at night. The rooms are very clean and spacious, plenty of food for breakfast. The innkeepers were friendly, made us feel very comfortable. We will not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks Robin and Mary.
I

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We arrived at night, and check-in was easy, as they had left a key for us. Our room was quaint and the bed was comfy. It was also great to have a little refrigerator in there, and a little sink with a coffee maker and coffee, etc., for the morning. Other than that, we did not find the stay to be anything special and we actually found the service to be on the poor side. That's disappointing because B&Bs are usually so great because of the warmth and personal touch of the inn-keepers.

There are two owners. One is nice and decently friendly, who gave us suggestions for things to do. The other owner acted like we were bothering her by asking for any services. This should not be, when you are paying nearly $200 per night. So it was off-putting, to say the least.

Also, the room wasn't that clean. Our pillow case had something on it, and if you don't leave the room by a certain time, it won't get cleaned that day. The garbage didn't get removed and they did not refill coffee powder, even though we stayed several nights. Again, not a huge deal at all, but annoying.

Finally, the B&B lacks a common area, such as a lounge or parlor, where guests can wander through and meet each other, or chat with the innkeepers, etc. This is not a problem, but having a common area may have made the place feel more welcoming.

Best thing about the place was the breakfasts - delish.

In short, we found it to be a very pretty house, and all in all a fine stay, we will probably try one of the many cute boutique hotels for our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roshna
Reviewed 19 August 2009

The Brava House Bed and Breakfast has a great atmosphere. The management there is awesome! They make you feel very at home while you are there and can recommend all kinds of places to visit while in Austin. It's a great location, you can walk to several restaurants and other local attractions. I was there on business and just got tired of the old hotel scene while I am out of town. I will not be going to any more hotels in Austin FOR SURE! Thank you again Robin and Mary!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Brava House is simply the BEST in Austin! Robin and Mary run the most hospitable, friendly and comfortable B&B. I first stayed here on business in 2004 and I will not stay anywhere else in Austin. My family is also hooked. If you want superior service, the perfect location (close to all the fun stuff) and a personal touch - this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Overall, our stay at the Brava House was satisfactory but not of the quality that I look for when I stay in a bed and breakfast. There were several factors which contributed to this.
Before our stay, we e-mailed the owners for suggestions of transport from the airport to the B&B since we would not have a car. They suggested a taxi or van shuttle service (Super Shuttle). We used Super Shuttle which was fine and made arrangements to use them again when we left. On the day of our departure one of the owners inquired as to how we were getting to the airport and then informed us about an inexpensive bus (I think about $2/person) that stops a block away and goes to the airport- we didn't use it as we had already made reservations with the shuttle but that would have been nice to know earlier.
The breakfasts were okay but nothing special as I expect from a B&B. The first morning was fine, with breakfast burritos for me (vegan) and an egg souffle type of meal for my husband. But the following two days (weekday mornings) had little to offer besides some fruit, bagels, oatmeal, and yogurt. I think of hot, cooked meals (pancakes, waffles, etc) when I think breakfast at a B&B. There was a very large TV in the breakfast room which was set to a channel about celebrity gossip which was an interruption to our breakfast.

Our room was small but sufficient, though the remote to the TV did not work and the overhead fan switch on the wall was also broken. When we arrived, there were no towels in our room and it appeared as if they had not finished cleaning/stocking our room even though we arrived during the set arrival time. The shower/bathroom did not appear very clean and the sink, etc did not get wiped during our three day stay there. Dirty glasses, mugs did not get taken from the room throughout our stay.
My husband and I wanted to play a game of cards and read and did not really have a place to do so. There was a very small seating area but no table in our room. It was a windy day so we couldn't sit out on the nice deck area. The breakfast room is locked during the day, which I felt was strange, so guests could not use that as a sitting area.
The owners were not rude, though were not particularly nice or helpful during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple