“A neat place to stay”

Brava House Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Robin and Mary - what a wonderful time we had at Brava House! I thought the Van Gogh room, the little room library, the patio, the yard, were just delightful. Your location being within walking distance of the shops made for a leisurely walk to Whole Foods and the book store, plus all the other cool shops in between. We had a great time! And Robin, Susie says thanks for the home cooking!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights last weekend and had a lovely stay. The room was very comfortable, and the a/c was on when we checked in to our room (such a relief from the 90 degree temps outside). The thermostat is fixed to not go below 78, but with the fan on we were comfortable. Breakfast is only served for one hour each morning (8-9 on weekdays and 9-10 on weekends), but was very yummy. If you stay here, I highly recommend wink restaurant which is only a few short blocks away. The owners Robin & Mary were both very nice, and Mary helped us with questions about cabs and such. The street is really pretty and quiet, but close to 6th where all the restaurants and bars are. We would stay there again.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Brava House exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the Casablanca room and it was charming, comfortable, great window with blooming foliage outside it. Breakfast was great - more creative than the usual B&B in my experience. We stayed two days with no quiche! hooray! I really liked staying in the neighborhood as opposed to a downtown hotel. Walking through the cute streets where people actually live, and visiting nearby cafe Medici around the corner gave a taste of day-to-day life in Austin. More pleasing then just the 6th street experience.

My only wish was that they had better coffee. But I can deal with it and will stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We liked Casablanca - upstairs, nice view.
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at Brava House for 4 nights in May of 2012. We stayed in the Fitzgerald Suite. The house is lovely, with lots of historic character. Our room was really nice, and having the suite gave us some space and made it feel like a home away from home; this is incomparably better than any hotel room. The location is fantastic; we were doing apartment hunting and interviewing all over Austin, and the Brava House was always convenient. It is also very close (but not too close!) to downtown Austin and all of the restaurants, bars, and clubs. Robin's cooking and conversation is an excellent way to start off the day.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The Fitzgerald is in the front of the house, quiet, and has a second room for a little bit of extra...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We arrived late at night, from San Francisco, to find this completely charming and comfortable room, complete with a rose on the bed, and a plate of fruit and cheese - need I say, the perfect introduction to Brava House.
My partner loved the breakfast, complete with home made grits, a real treat! While I indulged my skills at sleeping late. We had the Casablanca room - which was even better than photographs, spacious and comfortable, and real pretty to wake up to.
Robin and Mary are truly adorable, and good friends in the making. We will definitely be returning.