“Good deal”

Ranked #43 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good deal”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I travel to Austin Monthly. This is my regular choice for a place to stay. Rooms are nice and roomy. Any issues I have ever had have been addressed in an above satisfactory level. The staff is very nice and accommodating. Breakfast and room service are great. Room is functional for work and kicking back. Price is reasonable too. Easy access to the interstate. So it's easy to hit downtown or the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I see that overall you had a positive experience, and our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our rooms are 25% larger than the standard suite. Our goal is to provide exeptional customer service and we are so glad that our staff can resolve any of your issues. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The staff is friendly. The room was clean but could use a deodorant. The management does not appear to put enough effort in really keeping the place in top notch shape. One of the side entrances which catered to the handicapped person did not work properly. The key card slot for this entrance only worked sometimes. It was not dependable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you found our front desk associates friendly. We are so sorry to hear your experience was less than perfect. We thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, we take everything into concideration to help us improve. We hope to see you soon!
Saginaw, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Alot of positives with only one negative. Good location for our trip, rooms were clean, large and there were no negative comments from bedbugregistry.com. The hotel has a free continental breakfast every morning which wasn't half bad. The onyl negative thing that I can say is that we got a room on the first floor that must have backed up to their laundry room because my wife was woken up each morning about 4am with their washers and dryers.

We wouldn't have a problem staying there again, just in a different room.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for the review, we understand it takes time and we appreciate your attention to detail. We are glad to see you liked our location. We are so sorry to hear your experience was less than perfect. I want to let you know that you can always ask the front desk for change of room. thank you again for the time taken to review your stay. We hope you visit us again the next time you are in Austin.
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel on New Years Eve and I was very satisfied. The hotel staff was very friendly and would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend. Everyone from the GM to the maintenance man greeted me as if I knew them for years overall Austin is just a friendly city and look forward to coming back to visit soon.

• Stayed December 2011
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We hope to have you back in the near future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I had to stay here for travel because the Marriott next door was full. Next time I will sleep in the car before I stay here again. The room was 75 degrees when I got in it and it took about 5 minutes for the air to click on. After 7 hours the temp was only 72 degrees. I also ask for a room not near the elevator on my travel profile and when I got to my room...guess where it was? Right across the hall from the elevators. It was late at night, I was exhausted, and after two attempts to reach Anna at the front desk, I gave up and fell asleep. The decor is outdated, unpleasant, and could use a total revamp or at least a thorough cleaning.
The breakfast consisted of the usual fare: eggs, ceral, oatmeal, waffles. The only meat offered was some round pieces of what I hoped was ham.
The business center had a printer that wasn't working due to it being jammed with 20 print jobs.
I travel a lot and this place ranks pretty low on my list.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback as we continue to try and be the cleanest and friendliest hotel. Since your last visit we have made many changes from staff to decor to amenities. I encourage you to give us a second chance as I think you will be pleased with our changes. We thank you again for the feedback and look forward to hosting you in the future.