New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great location, good standard” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.

Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #146 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Austin
“Great location, good standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Clean towels and bedsheets. Room was big and had cooking facilities, both smelled and looked clean. A little loud, noise from neighboring rooms could easily be heard. Perfect location near sixth street. Room felt secura, parking lot was illuminated and it felt also safe to leave the car there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Joe G
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - 6th St.. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Zevenaar, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Extended Stay is your average no frills motel. Decent kitchenette, decent bathroom, decent bed. It all looked and smelled clean albeit a little run down. I was happy I could open the windows because the AC was very noisy. There's free wifi in the rooms but it's very slow.
I will come again because the price at this location is a steal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BaldBuddha
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have stayed here many times over the last 4 years. In Oct. of this year I was very disappointed with the room. It was bad. This trip the room was much better.

I have stayed here often enough to know rooms go from poor to average. If you get there early enough they will let you check out avaliable rooms.

The staff has always been helpful and kind and they were this time as well.

The location is great and the price very reasonable.

I will stay again but hope they do some needed remodeling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the parking lot. Rooms along 6th street can be quite loud.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ajayhawkfan
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My boyfriend & I totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was relatively inexpensive and in a prime location. Will definitely be staying here again. Only downside was the air conditioner was hard to figure out. We couldn't get it to turn on.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - 6th St.. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with an air conditioner that did not function properly. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the condition of our a.c. units during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a functioning air conditioner, so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.