“Decent Hotel, Awesome Location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.

Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Ranked #150 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Texas City, Texas
“Decent Hotel, Awesome Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My boyfriend & I totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was relatively inexpensive and in a prime location. Will definitely be staying here again. Only downside was the air conditioner was hard to figure out. We couldn't get it to turn on.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St., responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Downtown - 6th St.. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with an air conditioner that did not function properly. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the condition of our a.c. units during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a functioning air conditioner, so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel was about half the price of the next alternative near 6th street. Its in a perfect location right near all the bars. Rooms were ok with big semi-comfortable beds but the hotel was slightly run down. The woman at the desk was helpful but goes home at 11pm so theres no one around to check you in (dont turn up too late!!!). Given it 4*'s on value and location compared to its competitors.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Luke C
Kansas City, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is my second review for this motel.

For the last 4 years I have been staying here 3 to 4 times a year. This hotel has been going downhill lately.

The carpet was very worn and stained. The sheets on the bed had holes. The box springs looked like someone threw up on it. There was a towel taped on the bed frame so it did not bang against the wall while moving. And grapes and other trash was found under the bed.

Also one of the nights had a group of three thugs hanging out in front of the main entrance making snide comments to people that were coming and going.

The staff is helpful and friendly. The location is great. The price is also very good.

As I mentioned, I have been coming here for year. I will give it another chance because of the staff and location but if it gets any worse I'm going elsewhere.

Room Tip: When asking for a room as that it IS NOT along 6th Street. All rooms along 6th Street are very loud...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ajayhawkfan

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

as above, great location, low price for the city and really helpful reception service when we checked in. staff even rang a friend to get the name and location of a bar we wanted to visit.
check out staff the next morning not so helpful and rather rude.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Paul K
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Did you know that Extended Stay means you can extend your stay as long as you want, screw whoever made a reservation after you? It does not mean stay for an extended period of time if you have reserved it in advance.

After booking my hotel stay at the Extended Stay in October and traveling over 1,000 miles in February, I was told by Yosinda, the least helpful front desk employee, that she was, "sorry, but we do not have your room available. Guests extended their stay and your room is unavailable." So now what? She offered to put us up in another Extended Stay location, 20 minutes away on the highway, but since we didn't have a rental car, that wasn't a reasonable alternative. That was all she offered. Not to help us find another hotel, no apology, nothing. We ended up finding another, better hotel, La Quinta on 11th Street and San Jacinto. I will never EVER stay at an Extended Stay. They are dead to me.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends