“Best dessert ever”

Ranked #1 of 104 Dessert in Austin
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I were visiting Austin for the weekend and stopped by for a treat and were instant fans. My daughter said it was the best dessert she had ever had. She had the Dirty Berry and I had the Naughty and Nice. We went back the next night to enjoy it again and I tried a brownie concoction and she got the same thing. Delicious!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

There are many great donut shops in the Austin area, but none hold a candle to Gourdough's. The donut itself is superb - fluffy, yeasty heaven - but the toppings shove them over the edge. Our favorites include Granny's Pie, Black Betty and Strawberry Shortcake. The best way to enjoy them is to visit with friends, order a variety, and share them family style. My one suggestion would be to add a Plain Jane donut for those of us who would like to enjoy those doughy pillows of goodness in a more stripped down form.

And if you're near a Gourdough's Public House and want your mind blown, order something that comes on or with their garlic donut. Not sweet, it's that glorious dough, fried & dipped in garlic butter. Have mercy, it's delicious.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The mock Monte Cristo is wonderful. Meals are served on doughnuts but most are not sweet. Nice beer selection.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Not just a "donut truck", this place makes some scrumptious treats that can not be too healthy, but really, we all deserve from time to time. I had the wonderful "Son of a Peach", my son had the "Cherry Bombs", and my wife had, "Sara's Joy (a coconut concoction"). We all loved our choices.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We loved this place! There were six of us and we stopped in for a late lunch. We shared two appetizers of their mozzarella stuffed donuts with garlic butter dip and I honestly thought I died and went to heaven! Everyone really enjoyed their entrees (burgers, chicken) and then we split both a cinnabon and ring of fire dessert. It was a lot of food and each donut was better than the last. I recommend sharing everything.... the portions are a good size. In addition, they offer local craft beer. What more could you ask for??