“Triple Treat!”

Ranked #1 of 104 Dessert in Austin
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Not just a "donut truck", this place makes some scrumptious treats that can not be too healthy, but really, we all deserve from time to time. I had the wonderful "Son of a Peach", my son had the "Cherry Bombs", and my wife had, "Sara's Joy (a coconut concoction"). We all loved our choices.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We loved this place! There were six of us and we stopped in for a late lunch. We shared two appetizers of their mozzarella stuffed donuts with garlic butter dip and I honestly thought I died and went to heaven! Everyone really enjoyed their entrees (burgers, chicken) and then we split both a cinnabon and ring of fire dessert. It was a lot of food and each donut was better than the last. I recommend sharing everything.... the portions are a good size. In addition, they offer local craft beer. What more could you ask for??

Reviewed 21 June 2017

These donuts are no joke.

I am a lover of donuts, and Gourdough's did not disappoint. I got the Granny's Pie and my husband got The Puddin'. I highly recommend both. Of note, I also got a salad (served with a garlic donut!) and it too satisfied.

The only drawback to our visit was that it was extremely crowded, even at 10 PM. I suppose that is a testament to the popularity of the Public House. We were able to snag two seats at the bar, though, and the bartender provided us great service.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Came here a few years ago, and HAD to come back because their donuts are absolutely amazing. On our previous visit, we had the Son of a Peach (Peach Filling, Cinnamon, Sugar & Cake Mix Topping), and this time, we had the Dirty Berry (Fudge Icing With Grilled Strawberries). Both were huge, decadent, and out of this world. We'll definitely be going back every time we're here - maybe even multiple times a trip!

Pro Tip: If you go in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday, you'll be the only one there (as opposed to a Friday night, when there will be a long line).

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I hadn’t planned on stopping by the Gourdough’s Donut Truck on S 1st but when sharing an UBER ride, I ended up there because of another rider... so decided to try it also. So while my UBER driver waited for me I thought I would QUICKLY get a donut…. NOT SO MUCH!

PROS: I ordered 3 donuts, Son of a Peach, Funky Monkey and Naughty and Nice. The donuts were very good with lots of filling and icing. Very SWEET.

CONS: It took FOREVER to get my order for 3 donuts filled, between 15-20 minutes. There was also a new staffer who was being trained… But he was not the problem. The person training him was. He was rude, and not a very good trainer.

Instead of halting the training when it began to get busy, he left the new guy to do things by himself which of course made things begin to back up. He was not helpful to the new guy when I asked for a bag and he even “mocked” me and said some rude things when I asked for a separate bags for 2 of the donuts. If I had not already paid for the donuts I would have walked away.

While the new guy was very apologetic while the other guy actually made some rude comments when I asked for an completion time on my order.

I would NOT RECOMMEND the 1st street location… at least not while the service is as it was for me. The people who work there really need Customer Service TRAINING!
I would like to try the restaurant and would just hope the service is better.

NOTE: The rating is for the SERVICE and not the food