“A must try!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gourdough's
Ranked #1 of 96 Dessert in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Odessa, Texas
“A must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I didn't really know what to expect from Gourdough's. It was my very first food trailer experience, so I was nervous. With the first bite I was more than happy!
Gourdough's offers a huge variety of choices. I had the Flying Pig, a doughnut with maple glaze topped with bacon. I love to dip my bacon in real maple syrup at home so it made sense to me. The glaze was perfect, but the doughnut could have stood on it's own. It was fluffy, and tender. It was not heavy or greasy, so surprising. It took a few minutes to come out because each doughnut is fried fresh to order. It was piping hot and ridiculously delicious.
Everyone at the table got a different flavor combination, and we were all pleased. These guys offer a quality product, and I will be back every time I find myself back in Austin.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Austin, Texas
“A unique experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We visited with a group on a Friday night. The wait was long. Although there were many patrons on site, the real hold up was a large TO GO order that was being filled. When the orders came out, the "doughnuts," were hot and fresh. Strangely, they are more like big beignets, topped with unique flavors. There is something for everyone here. I tried a "slow burn," fried goodness topped with habanero jelly and cream cheese. The beau ate a heart attack on a plate, a doughnut topped with maple glaze and crispy bacon. He loved it, and ate it voraciously. Our friends tried dessert types - a whipped cream and strawberry combination (kind of like a Belgium waffle) and another topped with Heath bar. We all liked them. Now, if the wait was not an eternity.

Visited February 2012
Austin, Texas
“Different and exciting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We went last summer when it was too hot to sit outside, so I was a bit crabby. The most surprising thing to me was that all toppings aside, the donuts themselves were different: heavy, dense, and biscuit-y, not light and fluffy and yeasty like traditional doughnuts.

It's a fun taste adventure best experienced with a small group so you can share. But let's face it, even the ones with savory add-ons are still over-the-top desserts. So go with some friends and think of it as a unique dessert buffet.

Visited July 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious Splurge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I've never paid that much for a doughnut (I think it was around $5) but man was it worth it. You've never seen doughnuts like these. The doughnuts are all the same but the toppings are different. I had a doughnut covered in chocolate with oreos and a gummy worm and it was amazing. They are huge though and so you may want to share.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, Texas
“Yummy, Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

First off let me say, I am not really a Doughnut person. They are always too sweet or fried tasting but I am always up for eating somewhere that has been recognized or recommended by others. Gourdoughs was delicious! The doughnut was perfect, I got Miss Shortcake it was very fresh and delicious. My kids split the Naughty and Nice which was a cinnamon doughnut, I can't remember what my husband had but he loved it! They are fairly large doughnuts, so you can splurge or split! Don't quote me but they were priced $5-$10 per Doughnut. I really liked the location, although we did pass it and had to turn around. It was in a food truck lot with about 3 other food trucks. They had covered tables and a few public outdoor restrooms- I do believe they are moving locations last I heard so check their website before you venture out to try them.

• Visited September 2011