“Classy food at an affordable price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Madam Mam's
Ranked #1,657 of 3,670 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Austin, Texas
“Classy food at an affordable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I've never been disappointed in whatever I order from Madam Mam's. They have an uncanny way with the sauces and the vegetables are so fresh. Really the portions are awesome-pretty sizable and there's nothing better than taking home leftovers! I recommend the A8, lettuce wraps and the eggplant. So light, so good. This place is great to take a date to and enjoy the quality food, service and atmosphere.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

austin, tx
“So sad; so baaad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

Madam Mam's used to be my go-to place for Thai. No more.

Pretty place does not make for good food and even worst service. The place was less than a 1/3 full, so I don't understand where the wait staff was.

All of the various Madam Mam's have been steadily going downhill over the last couple of years, but the early memories kept me going back.

If you like brown pad thai flavored with hoisin (what????) and made with the skinny rice noodles (I like pad thai noodles in my pad thai dish, hmmm). The resulting mush mess had little chunks of dry chicken and bean curd, which I thought would be nice though I didn't order it. Even the once delectable sticky rice and mango was flavorless and flat.

Sad. Too many better places to go in town than waste your money here.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“nice restaurant ,good food ,perfect for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I 've tried many Thai restaurant .and Madam Mam is the the best. I can't remember how many time that i come to this restaurant since they open .Very nice and warm decoration with many umbrella .Fish tank (my daughter love it) .Good service .The food were so good .My family chose this restaurant for every weekend eat out .

• Visited July 2011
austin, tx
“food was OK, the service could hardly have been worse.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

The Menu is like a photo album - it's huge & terrible with Entree's and appetizers in multiple locations. I ordered a "stir fired noodle" dish (Lard Na) that when it came to the table, a full fifteen minutes after my dining partners Entree's did was actually a noodle soup dish. Really? Why is it under stir fried noodles do tell?

Our server disappeared after he brought the first two entrees = no condiments on the table lie soy or pepper sauce. I got up and asked another waitress for pepper sauce and she took a bottle from a table of diners next to us - I was mortified. Who are you people? Do you not know the first thing about the service business? Good grief.

the saving grace was the Tod Mun - a fish cake appetizer which was nicely seasoned & cooked. The Shrimp Satay was pretty good too.

I'll never go back - it was overall a disaster.

Funny thing was it was probably at least 60% full - have you people eaten there before??

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank robg9000
Abilene, Texas
“Very average, don't waste your money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Went for a date night with my hubby. The restaurant itself was nice and the ambiance was pretty good. The service was excellent. However, the food was very average and not worth the money spent on it. He had the pad thai with chicken, usually a sure-fire dish at any Thai place. But it wasn't flavorful. I ordered a shrimp red thai curry dish. The shrimp was good quality but the dish itself wasn't yummy. All I could taste was the curry, and it was too much. There definitely should have been some other flavors in it. We would not go back. The best part of the meal was my Thai Iced Tea!

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank writer198

Been to Madam Mam's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK