Hyatt Regency Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$ 178
US$ 171
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 232/night.

US$ 105
CandlewoodSuites
US$ 194
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 247/night.

US$ 196
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 222/night.

Staybridge Suites Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
US$ 109
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 123/night.

Staybridge Suites Austin Arboretum(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$ 137
US$ 115
Staybridge.com
The Westin Austin at The Domain(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
US$ 175
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 240/night.

US$ 167
US$ 147
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 169/night.

US$ 75
US$ 71
1,306 results
All reviewswet decktrace restaurantbliss productsliving roomcorner suitehip hotelchocolate covered strawberrieslounge arealady bird lakefour seasonsheart of downtownlive musicvalet parkingfitness centerconciergecabanastarwood
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The hotel is beautiful, extremely modern and the location on Lavaca is fantastic for getting around Austin. Also right at ACL so a great entertainment alternative. The room for the price was reasonable but the tub/shower combination is the size of a shower stall so if you wanted to take a bath you would have to do it sitting up - and it is a high step into the tub. Also, since the tub/shower is in the open and not behind a closed door it could get cold when you step out into the main room.

All in all a very good place to stay

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Danielle C, General Manager at W Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hello, thanks for your review. I agree with you that W Austin is beautiful and modern with a fantastic location. I also agree that our tub can be quite a challenge. We are aware of this issue and are working on a plan to fix it. Overall, I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next in the near future. Best regards, Drew McQuade, General Manager.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was excited to stay at the W, it looks cool and very trendy but feel that this place is flash over substance!!

The couple of great things going for this hotel is the service of the events team that were at the conference I was attending (they were fantastic) and those at the hotel restaurant were great! The bar and lounge area are cool too.

Here's the negative stuff...

I arrived late night at 11.30pm and was was welcomed by a pretty cold receptionist who didn't deliver a warm welcome, it was no better than the typical copy and paste welcome you would get at a 2* star hotel, nothing unique, different or personal. I was staying for 3 nights and did ask the receptionist if I could have a slightly later checkout when I leave as I was attending a conference in the same hotel and wanted to be able to freshen up before leaving for the airport but was simply told that the checkout time was the standard time and that I could just leave my luggage with reception who could hold it for me till I left. Its funny that I asked a different receptionist the day after and he was able to put a slightly later checkout time for me which really helped me, frustrating this couldn't have been done on my initial request when I first arrived.

The room itself looked great but please note the bathrooms are open with no doors so probably ideal for couples but if you're on a twin option sharing with a friend, then just make sure your comfortable with that level of openness! The shower head power could be stronger and more room around the sink area would be great!

The lighting in the room is annoying, as there is no master switch off button by the bedroom area (if there was one, I couldn't find it!) so you need to get out of bed and switch the mains off by the front door. The bedside lamps are on the wall and are quite high up so you would need to get out of bed to twist the light switch on or off, just seemed fiddly and not easy to do.

My room was not serviced after the first night, which wasn't such an issue but on the second day I saw a hotel maid a few doors down in the corridor and asked her "Are you please able to service my room today as it wasn't yesterday?", to that she replied "sorry, no English"... thats's not what you would expect from at a hotel of this level... this got resolved eventually when I spoke with reception but why employ someone who doesn't understand the basics of English? Baffled!

On the last day when I was checking out, my hotel room was meant to be covered on the event account of the conference that I was attending but they did not have this on their records. I appreciate there was a disconnect in communication somewhere so no blame game here but my frustration here was that after waiting around trying to solve the problem for 20 minutes, I didn't get an apology for waiting, a thank you for staying or a help with bags or to the airport from the receptionist. I was simply given and told here is your invoice and that was it, I didn't say anything and just left... a cold ending just like the cold welcome I got.

Room Tip: Request a room higher up in the building
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

Hello, thanks for reaching out. We are very sorry to hear about all the issues you encountered during your time with us. I would love to speak more directly to you about this. Feel free to reach out to gmwaustin@whotels.com. Best regards.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

this is one cool hotel. booked thru the amex FH program with all sorts of little treats and benefits. thought as it turned out, booking a few months ahead turned out to be way more expensive than booking a few days ahead, my bad, but something to note. room was great, only lacking bath and weirdly, no slippers. such an annoying oversight. 6th floor rooms have balconies overlooking the pool deck, which is a a bit of a good looking party town on weekends. but shuts down at dusk so not noisy during sleep time. bed was fantastic, spa, excellent and a fantastic gym. well located but parking is ridicuously expensive. great spot for a stay in austin.

Room Tip: austins not a really scenic city so views a bit irrelevant
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Peter, thanks for the wonderful review. W Austin is a very cool and trendy hotel with hidden elements everywhere. I am thrilled to hear that you slept comfortably and got to experience our spa and world class gym facility. We look forward to your next stay in Austin with us. Cheers! Drew McQuade, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Exactly what you would expect from a trendy, upscale downtown hotel. Pleasant staff, comfortable beds, luxury appointments.
The lounge areas off the lobby are very interesting and laid out as a series of living rooms or libraries.
Our room was not large, but clean, comfortable and quiet. It did seem, though, in the bathroom that practicality was sacrificed for trendy decor. If you need counter space in the sink area, you won’t find it here. And be careful stepping out of the tub/shower if you’re of short stature.
The location is next door to the ACL Live music venue, so it was the perfect location for attending a concert there if you’re from out of town.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at W Austin. We appreciate the feedback and are glad that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay. We agree that there's little to no room near the sink and are working on solutions to fix this design. Best regards, Drew McQuade, General Manager.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

W is maybe my favourite hotel in the world. This one in Austin is amazing in terms of style, design, service and quality of the stay. I would reconmend to try their à là carte breakfast, it's absolutely amazing.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Marta, thanks for the review. We really appreciate that W Austin is your favorite hotel and that you love all the design planning that went into it about 7 years ago now. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays. Best regards, Drew McQuade, General Manager.