“Very welcoming and super helpful.”
Review of W Austin

W Austin
Ranked #18 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Very welcoming and super helpful.”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My recent trip to the W in Austin was fantastic; very low key but exciting as well. They graciously and professionally welcomed me and my dog, (no deposit for the dog, only a clean-up fee if needed), into the hotel. They were welcoming without being overbearing. The rooms were sleek and comfortable. My only criticism is the lack of privacy in the bathroom. But that is easy to get over! All in all I felt taken care of, safe, and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Where do I even begin? This W is the best one I’ve ever stayed at. I love the W and I’m an SPG platinum member and tend to be fairly high maintenance. The team in Austin is the best there is. They are true ambassadors for the W brand. They are friendly without being phony and are genuinely interested in you and your needs and go above and beyond making sure you are well taken care of as well as just getting to know you. I’ve visited both times during SXSW arguably one of the craziest times in Austin and they could come across as overwhelmed and not helpful and the opposite is true. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the common spaces are warm and inviting. Restaurants and bars are also amazing. I’ve stayed here twice now and if I could get there more frequently, I would just for the service alone. If I could give this W property a 100 stars, I would.

Room Tip: if you can swing a cool corner suiter, they are AMAZING!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank natasha_avery
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had our plans for a heavily outdoor event change at SXSW due to rain, and the staff here was so incredibly helpful that it saved our event which moved inside the W for the whole weekend. I loved the attitude of "yes we can" as their default reaction to our requests. I have put on many events at hotels, and frustration is the typical feeling they leave you with, but not here. These folks are the most helpful, first-class outfit I have ever dealt with in the hotel industry, hands-down.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the W for a wedding this past April. We had a corner suite which was great for traveling with a toddler. The price is quite high, and not sure it is worth the price. But overall we were happy with the hotel and it's location. Before arriving to the hotel, we had received a confirmation email from the W manager asking if we had any requests please feel free to email.

I knew Austin had Tiwn Lake to run around, so I asked them if they could organize a jogging stroller and a tuxedo rental for my husband. They responded back promptly, that they had a jogging stroller and would reserve it for our dates and hold it downstairs so it wouldn't clutter our room and just needed my husbands size and they would organize the tux. It was for a wedding party so they even picked up the tuxedos and returned them for us. This was a big a help.

After our 1st night and day in the room, we returned after 5pm and our hotel room had not been made up for the day, this was extremely annoying a d we noted a complaint with management, they have us a standing housekeeping appointment for 1pm, 2000 in spg reward points and a $75 bar credit. Which is all great, but I hope not a standing practice. If rooms can't be made up earlier for checked in guests, please hire more housekeeping or find another solution..

All in all, great stay..

• Stayed April 2012
Tustin, California
Reviewed 25 April 2012

W Hotels usually leave me cold. Their muted lighting makes elevator buttons impossible to read. But this was not the case in Austin. The elevators were well lit. The swimming pool deck was great for a cocktail event. The location is in downtown within an easy walk of the Texas capitol and Lady Bird Park. Overall, a nice location to visit and the accommodations were very nice, but not over the top.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business