“Moonlight Memories”
Review of Live Love Paddle

Live Love Paddle
More attraction details
Owner description: Live Love Paddle offers nightly guided kayak tours to watch the Congress Ave Bridge Bats in Austin, Texas. Live Love Paddle also offers daily rentals of stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and canoes on Lady Bird Lake. The Urban Kayak Tour is a daytime tour offered year round! We have secure lockers, real restrooms, accept credit cards and have free parking on-site!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My sister from Oregon, our cousin from Austin, and I from Michigan enjoyed our kayaking adventure. The illuminated Austin skyline and moonlight made the trip a wonderful memory!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Even for people who have never kayak before this is a must when visiting Austin. I was very nervous about kayaking. I called Casey the week before and he answered all my questions and concerns. He reassured me it would be a great experience. It was!

Be prepared to get wet on your bottom, feet and arms. I wore exercise 3/4 pants, jacket. and Teva sandals. It was perfect for the cool night and everything dried quick. I rode tandem and I and the kayak felt balanced..My biggest concern. I carried a disposable water digital camera fir pictures. I am still waiting on them..

The bats were amazing. They were almost translucent like big moths. The amounts of them flying out from within the bridge was incredible. Casey told us the history of the bats and Lady Bird Lake. We kayak back in the dark ( new moon that night) and I felt comfortable and safe. Don't miss this experience. It really is the best way to see the bats. I will do this again when I return next year.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was one of the best things we did while in Austin. Me and my husband did a tandem kayak and we had such a fun experience. We got to see an amazing view of the bats coming out of the bridge and it was definately something that I will always remember. Our guide was very nice and friendly and we just had a really great time. We would highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

What an adventure!!! kayaking on LB river. Beautiful sunset, an a wonderful host, Casey so down to earth an personable young man, He informed us all on what to expect & where to go on the river for our safety and the respect for others even before we touched the water. Once we got to the Bat Bridge (CONGRESS ST. BRIDGE),he gave us a history of bats and the whys and wherefores of the bat population in this Austin bridge.It was amazing to see the surrounding hugh buildings from the river. Loads of people on the bridge and surrounding shore line, but non had a better view of everything than us in kayaks. The whole experience was amazing for this 65 yr. old female who had never been on/in a kayak before. It was wonderful to be able to share it all right along side my only daughter. Thank you so much for all of it Casey, it was thee best!!!.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Casey knew just where to take us to get the best view of the bats! Very friendly and helpful! Loved it!