Our reservation agent was likable and professional, but I specifically asked if the balcony was large enough to enjoy while sitting in a chair sipping on coffee. When we got there (we paid for a balcony with a view) our balcony was just big enough for the both of us to stand, but not big enough for both of us to sit on chairs. I felt like that was a little misleading.
Keep in mind we also paid more for a view. While the view was nice, it was also right above the service entrance to the hotel. Not bad, but not ideal.
The room was very nice overall. The high ceiling is a quality touch that provides a feeling of spaciousness. They appear to have updated the rooms within the last couple of years. The sink outside the bathroom is a nice touch providing flexibility for two people to get ready at the same time without crowding over a single vanity. Had our daughters been with us we would have used the pull out bed/love seat. Also a nice touch providing more flexibility to guests.
The breakfast buffet is of a high quality, but we were slightly surprised when our bill for two lattes was $12. Lattes are not included in the buffet nor did we expect them to be, but $6 each makes even Starbucks look like a bargain.
The cheeseburger I had at 8212 was delicious! My wife's entree (fish tacos) was also very good. We did not have appetizers or dessert and our total bill came to just under $80! Just be prepared.
The pool (which, to no fault of the resort, we were unable to enjoy for very long due to inclement weather) was on the small side and had a few issues. More than one umbrella was broken and left out poolside in stands (why not just remove them?). The seating area around the pool was narrow so that once a lounge was situated, the room to walk around the pool was limited. The overall size of the pool is too small for a resort of this size. Although I can appreciate children enjoying the water, the size of the pool made it feel as though there were kids everywhere when there were only 4-5 around the pool.
Once the rains came, we sought shelter in the fitness center. The fitness center is designed well. Plenty of cardio machines, a weight room (or two), and varied methods to workout (including cycles and kettle bells). However, the kids that were outside are now inside at the indoor pool and the sounds they're making are echoing throughout. Just good to know if you're concerned about sound levels while working out. That's why God made ipods, right?
We have stayed at other resorts and feel it's only fair to rate this along the lines of what we would consider world class resorts. This is not the same quality of Four Seasons Maui, El Dorado Royale Mexico, or even Westin La Catera. Although it IS nice, it just doesn't have the finishing touches of a RESORT. It definitely feels like a country club that has opened its doors to the public. We would still recommend the resort. Especially if you can take advantage of the beautiful golf courses (which we didn't).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like the stunning Hill Country that embraces our luxury resort hotel, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is revered for its distinctive blend of peaceful beauty and gracious warmth. From the very moment you arrive, the natural ambiance of the landscape and our welcoming staff will invite you to unwind and immerse yourself in a unique collection of desirable amenities.Framed within 4,000 secluded acres of rolling hills of Austin, Texas, you’ll be pleased to discover our full-service Three Springs Spa, four spectacular championship golf courses, award-winning conference and meeting facilities, four extraordinary dining options, numerous recreational activities and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barton Creek Hotel Austin
- Barton Creek Resort And Spa
- Barton Creek Resort Club