All reviews convenience store free breakfast is the breakfast area austin area sofa
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

There was no sense of hospitality of accommodations upon check-in at the Quality Suites Austin South. First off, upon arrival I was traveling with my best friend and his family and I booked the room and having booked with Priceline several times before, I have never experienced the mistreatment I did. Secondly when I explained to Casandra that I was traveling with my best friend and his family, instead of just giving us a room with two beds, she told me it was up to Priceline to make the change. I proceeded to take my best friend and his family to the airport as they were traveling to New York and not even an apology for the inconvenience or having a safe flight, no nothing. The breakfast choices were minimum, obviously they are to cheap to consider the guests. I found the room to be a bit dirty but did not make mention. At check out I asked the clerk who appeared to be of a Middle Eastern descent if the room was supposed to sleep two adults, does that not mean two beds? He smiled and rudely told me that typically that was the “Couples Rate” and that two men could basically sleep on the same bed. I smiled and walked away. I could not open the window to let light in because there was some transient outside my window which made me feel uncomfortable with my safety. I will never attempt to book at this hotel again. In my opinion, Choice Hotels needs to come and pull the flags down.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
RubenR2458, Manager at Quality Suites Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Greetings, I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. I have talked to my staff and have looked into your concerns, and unfortunately any changes to your Priceline booking has to be made through them, my staff was just following Priceline's terms. In regards to the issues you mentioned with the accommodations, I also looked into them, and would like to let you know that since your visit we expanded the breakfast area, and are planning on expanding out menu options. It is only through feed back from valued guests as yourself that we can improve the quality of our Hotel. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and hope that this does not deter you from returning in the future.

Wishing You Very Safe Travels

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My family & I stayed in this hotel overnight and were satisfied with our stay. The free hot breakfast was definitely a bonus. I was a little concerned at first with the convenience store directly in front of the hotel (there were a few people hanging outside) but we did not have any safety issues during our stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ruben R, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Good day, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your current stay at my hotel, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We have stayed here twice recently. Both times, the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. The sofa beds were recently replaced. The common areas are somewhat lacking. The lobby lacks a good place to sit and congregate or work. The breakfast area is too small. The indoor pool is very basic. Keeping all this in mind, this hotel is one of my favorite values in the Austin area, and I am very much likely to return.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings, Thank you for placing a review about your stay at my hotel, we are working on expanding the lobby area, and hope to have this work completed soon. I hope to see you return, and wish you very safe travels.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stayed here for a week. I picked this hotel because it had on site laundry room. I get there and there is only one machine each. and very outdated... Boo. The carpets through out the entire building is dirty looking. The dining room with free breakfast is SO TINY! The elevators are scary! I thought for sure it would come down while we were there. Thank God it didn't. The pool... took my kids swimming, when the water started to bubble and turn grey, we quickly took them out and they took showers right away. The person at the front desk didn't seem to care. I lost my van key for a whole day when the manager had it the whole time. Even after asking him to check other drawers and describing the key to him. i had to take an uber all day. And it was only after my dad drove from Dallas to bring me the spare, i showed him and management said "oh this one?" (it was in the drawer I asked him to look in) I described it to him exactly, except I didn't say it was for a Nissan so my fault? i guess? I would not recommend or stay here again. Aside from the key thing, they were friendly.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings, I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay, but I did want to let you know that I am expanding the breakfast area, and that the work should be completed soon. I have also looked into the other issues that you mentioned and will work on resolving them so that they do not happen again. I hope that this experience does not deter you from returning in the future and wish you very safe travels.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Beds & pillows were very comfortable.The sleeper as well. The location was great being near everything from food to grocery! Only disappointment was the pool water being very cold but my kids didnt seen to mind it.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings, I want to thank you for posting a review about your stay at my hotel, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed it, we have resolved the issue with the swimming pool, and hope that you return again soon. Wishing you very safe travels.