My wife, son. and I stayed for one night at ATT Executive Education and Conference Center. We would not have selected it because of its distance from Sixth Street, but it was offered on Hotwire as a downtown hotel for a good discount. We were impressed with what a good deal they offered.
Pros. Large rooms, bathroom a bit small but adequate
Two people could use facilities at same time because toilet-shower was separated from sink by a sliding door.
Free wi-fi for any number of devices, strong signal
Lovely palatial building almost empty when there is no convention
Good selection of channels on plasma screen TV
Extremely helpful and friendly staff. All women at reception were friendly and charming.
When they asked how was our stay, I commented that the lettuce in the Caesar salad at Gabriel was bitter, and the lady at reception took the salad off our bill
Decent prices at Carrillon for breakfast and Gabriel at lunch. I highly recommend the Turkey BLT at Gabriel.
Very convenient neighborhood at MLK Blvd not far from downtown. Interesting restaurants in neighborhood.
Lovely view of campus tower from street in front of the building.
The few guests at the hotel were quiet, adult
Typical clean, like new university campus building
Parking for $14 per night with right to come and go as often as you please
Very liberal late check out policy when there is no convention. We checked out at 3:30 because we had a late flight
It's actually quite easy to find 2 hour parking on East 6th street during the daytime. We were told that it's easier and cheaper to take a taxi to Sixth Street at night. Taxis wait outside the Convention Center
Not within walking distance of Sixth Street. I actually consider this a plus
The toilet used compressed air so it was loud when it was flushed
Maybe our experience was so positive because there were no crowds staying there. We were very pleasantly surprised to see how convenient and friendly and economical ATT was. All of the reception staff and the waitress named Saba were especially memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center is located in the heart of Austin, offering hotel rooms, meeting space and fine dining. HOTEL Featuring 276 guest rooms and 21 suites onsite, the hotel offers inspiring views of The University of Texas at Austin's Main Tower, the Texas State Capitol, and our serene central courtyard. Room technologies and guest amenities make your stay for either business or pleasure equally enjoyable. MEETINGS Forty thousand square feet of meeting space offers 37 rooms ranging from a multimedia amphitheatre and divisible 10,000-square-foot ballroom to tiered and traditional classrooms with superior connectivity, plus breakout rooms to support small group work. Wireless access throughout the facility and exceptional presentation and audio/visual features provide answers to your conference planning challenges. CELEBRATIONS The Grand Ballroom is situated in the heart of Austin and Texas Hill County. Our coveted location allows us to exemplify elegance combined with a little Texas flare. Our award winning culinary staff and our AAA Four Diamond service will offer you endless choices for your wedding reception that are both skillfully crafted and sinfully delicious. DINING Delivered with platinum service and a conscience for sustainability, our variety of exceptional dining spaces will have you savoring every moment you're here. Join us at The Carillon, Gabriel's Cafe, or One Twenty 5 Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At And t Executive Education And Conference Center
- At&t Executive Education Hotel Austin