Open today: 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from US$ 39.00
from US$ 60.00
from US$ 60.00
2,489 results
All reviews diving board cold water natural pool natural spring spring fed year round swimming hole shallow end hot summer day cool off non residents pool area spring pool water shoes hot texas entrance fee train ride
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I went here on a Saturday in November. I am from Maine, so I was thrilled to be able to swim outside in November somewhere. I got in on the far end and did a lap down to the other and went back and forth a few times. The pool is long--over 100 yds, and over 25 yds across. The sides have ladders and stairs to get it, but the bottom is totally just the river bed. You can see rocks and vegetation as you swim along. They also have a diving board section, and had lifeguards on duty. Since I went in the off season, it was free to enter. It was a bit cold (air), but the water temperature remains stable there. What a cool gem right in the city! I recommend visiting!

1  Thank KRiSTeN R
Reviewed 13 November 2017

If you are going to swim great place. If you are going to just this I only recommend if you are doing something else in the area

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Despite a relatively cool cloudy day there were many swimming and snorkeling without wetsuits. I hear it's crowded on sunny summer days. Just walking around is relaxing.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Barton Springs Pool is a jewel in the middle of the city. Great for a dip on a hot day or doing laps. The water looks clean and is a beautiful turquoise color due to limestone bottom. We didn't have our swimsuits with us, but if we did, we would've jumped in. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Barton Springs, one of the most beautiful nature spots in Austin, is a wonderful place for kids to gather for parties. Green, with nice shade and sunny spots, both. The water is quite refreshing, but it really is important to remember that, even though there are life guards, if you or your children are not strong swimmers, stay in shallow water. There are currents (it IS a river) and they can pull you under and along. Otherwise great place to relax, swim and people watch.

Date of experience: March 2017