Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Worth, Texas
“wierd place”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

the desk clerk acted like she was really working hard to get me a room which i had already reserved and prepaid. maybe it was to make me feel special but it was unnecessary. the restrooms on the mezzanine level were locked most of the time. I went to the pool around 7am (it opens at 6am) just to have coffee. when i tried to leave all the doors were locked (the card keys would not work). had to pound on the windows to the lobby to get out! just a lot of small stuff which added up to "wierd". the outdoor pool is very small. the waterfall looks nice and makes so much noise you cant stay for long. it is a nice hotel but i expect much more from a hilton.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasTerry_12
Fitzroy M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay at the Hilton Garden inn Austin.
I was rather disappointed that your experience was less than a perfect 10 as this is the goal we strive to achieve with all our guests. Your information will be discussed with other managers and team members in an effort to insure that other guest will encounter a more pleasant experience.
I personally want to thank you again and if your travels take you back to Austin please contact me personally so that I can make your reservations for you.
Sincerely
Fitzroy Mason
Front Office Manager
512-480-8181
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed there last week for a convention. Very friendly and pleasant staff. Clean comfortable rooms. Only downside you must use valet parking. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Good Morning Woodjg,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us and we truly appreciate your business! Our team and I look foward to your future stays and please let us know how we may be of service on your upcoming reservations. Have a wonderful week!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Be aware that valet parking is $26/day and there is no self-parking. There was a dirty glass with the white paper cover in our room and when we complained the next morning, they gave us the parking for free. I have heard that you should never drink out of a glass in a hotel because they just wipe them out with a rag. This looked like that's exactly what happened but they didn't get the black stuff out of the bottom of the glass. The rest of the stay felt very dirty after we discovered the glass.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking downtown, not I-35. Also be aware that valet parking is $26/day and there...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear DeirdreDedra,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I always love snagging a room at this location for any of my Austin quick weekend vacations. If 6th street or any of Austin's awesome downtown night life is involved, I highly recommend this hotel. Super great location. Everything is within walking distance so need to worry about designating a DD or having to get a taxi. For a worry-free weekend in DT Austin with an awesome location, I definitely recommend this Hilton Garden Inn. They will charge you $25 per night for valet but I really love their techy text service where you can text them when you need your vehicle and they will text you as soon as it's ready. Super cool Also really friend staff and valet guys.

Room Tip: Ask for something with a downtown view, not 35.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Good Afternoon Christine P,

Thank you for your review and we truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Austin is an amazing city with a unique vibe that brings nightlife to another level. Thank you for your recommendation and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our new and improved Valet system. Technology will continue to advance and we were excited to take advantage of this opportunity. I look foward to your future stays and please contact me for future reservations or special requests.

Allen, Texas, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel June 24 thru 26. We came to Austin for orientation at the UT campus for our son. The first night was uneventful and the drive had worn most of us out. Even as tired as I was, I couldn't get comfortable on that dial-a-torture mattress. We all got up the next morning and went for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Good food, lousy coffee. After dropping our son off at the college, my wife and daughter and I went site seeing. We got back to our room around 5pm and our keys didn't work. After that mess was straightened out my daughter decides she wants to go to the pool. My wife decides to take her. They were there for approximately an hour when they come running to the room and my daughter with her very first bee sting.By the way there isn't a first aid kit anywhere. I thank God she's not allergic.After getting some neosporin the sting went away. We sweated that night in our room due to a chiller going out. I personally would have made some sort of effort to move the guests that were effected instead of offering points as hush money only after saying something about it. I won't be staying at another Hilton whatever until they get rid of those beds.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim B
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Good Afternoon Jim B,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us and I truly appreciate your business and feedback provided. I know how important it is to have a comfortable/relaxing nights sleep while traveling on the road and I sincererly apologize for the mattress not being comfortable as well as the HVAC not cooling properly. Our chiller was repaired the following morning and this was a situation that we never want our guest to experience and we will always do whatever it takes to make it right and to ensure you are 100% satisfied with our resolution. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter being stung by a bee at our pool side and I have contacted our extermination company to treat the entire pool side area to ensure that the safety of our guest is our number one priority. I want to thank you again for your feedback as this has allowed us to improve our products and services for you and all future guest of ours. Please contact me directly on your next visit to Austin and I will ensure your stay with us is extraordinary and we exceed your expectations.