All reviews continental club south congress great location jo's coffee amy's ice cream chain hotels single room live music place to stay two nights basic amenities within walking distance small room restaurants and shops nice pool coffee maker close to downtown
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We stayed this past weekend, we also looked at nearby (S Austin) BnBs which come out to pretty much the same price. We wanted this location as a Bday party up the street we could walk to. Friendly, helpful staff. Room was clean and with a funky vibe. Our room door had some play in it even with the dead bolt latched. We told the desk guy so I am sure it's fixed by now. (305) We would stay here again, the pool looks fantastic, but in Feb we didn't try it. Never been even slightly interested in the whole polar bear club thing. Yep, good place to stay.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the Austin Motel last week. I wish the weather allowed us to enjoy the pool. I could see it being noisy at a busier time of year but you can't beat the location. The beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The bodega is darling.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 11 January 2018

This "Motel" is amazing. The rooms are stylishly decorated. The decor and the vibe is on point. Definitely perfect for young hip fun people! There is also private parking right in front of your room, a hang out area, pool area, and the location couldn't be better. I'll be back :)

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JoshJustice, Front Office Manager at Austin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thanks so much for staying with us! The Motel loves you, too!

From the front desk staff to the designers behind-the-scenes, we do our best to create a fun experience, so it's always great to hear when a guest digs the vibe and decor.

We look forward to you coming back and would definitely recommend the summer months so you can get the full, amazing effect of hanging out poolside.

Thanks again!
Josh

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We have been coming here for years since we moved from Austin. This motel has been a part of our family tradition. I have an unusually hard time changing traditions but as a family, we have decided that we are seeking a new hotel/motel to make part of our visit. The magic is gone with the new owner. I know she makes some beautiful and special places but alas this is not one. Perhaps South Congress is just too elite now to host a motel. Even then the fact that you have to pay for drinkable water and we had to ask for enough towels so we each could use our own is just not charming. Mind you the beds are comfy but meh, not enough to pay over $200 for a tiny thin walled room. We didn't even new clean (plastic) glasses the second day.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank shack s
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I won't lie, I was kind of concerned when booking here to begin with. Mostly because the word "motel" doesn't paint a pretty picture. But I was presently surprised! I myself work in hotels and so I'm super critical about cleanliness but the rooms were very clean! I've recommended this property so much to people since coming home and next time I'm in Austin I absolutely will book here again!

Date of stay: July 2017