The service at this hotel is amazing. The front desk is super friendly, which in my opinion, really makes or breaks a hotel. What this hotel's biggest issue is, is the location. While you have a gorgeous view of the football stadium, it is right on the highway. What this translates into is noise. We had to turn the air up to a colder than desirable temperature in order to dull out the traffic noise. Unless you want to walk to downtown, which could take you quite some time (perhaps an hour) getting a taxi is a pain. Plan to schedule at least 30 minutes prior to your departure for a taxi.
There is a Denny's on the property, which makes very late night munching very possible. They're having some kind of peanut butter special which allowed me to take in some unwanted calories. :)
There are no suites in this hotel, but the rooms are nice. The cleaning staff take pride in their work and it shows. It's not that I wouldn't want to stay here in the future, it's that I just prefer a quieter, more central location.
Ask for a room without a view unless you really want to look at the stadium and are a deep sleeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area provides a homelike warmth, less than a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area