“Very Nice Hotel-Wish I Stayed More Than One Night”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South
Ranked #72 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Boston Area
“Very Nice Hotel-Wish I Stayed More Than One Night”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Austin South for one night during SXSW 2012 prior to moving to a Downtown hotel.

Check in was quick and easy. The person at the front desk was very friendly (as were all of the employees I dealt with).

The room was spacious, well appointed, and very clean. 2 TVs, comfortable bed, and sleeper sofa.

This hotel has both an included continental breakfast and a complimentary evening light meal with included beer and wine. We took advantage of both of these and found everything to be very tasty with plenty of choice.

It was a very good stay. If I am in Austin again I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for your kind review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I am sorry to hear that you only had the opportunity to stay with us for one night! We hope that you will choose to stay with us during SXSW 2013 and look forward to seeing you again! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Elizabeth Jackson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed four nights in this hotel. Location is good for exploring the Austin area. Convenient to downtown but also areas surrounding the city. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very pleasant honoring an early check-in request. Front desk personnel were always friendly and helpful. Nice area for breakfast and the availabilty of an evening meal was a plus. Public areas on first floor recently redecorated. Business center available. Ample and well-lit parking area.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the inner courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kamainatraveler
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that the staff was courteous and helpful. Your opinions are highly valued and appreciated in regards to our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to having you with us on your next visit to Austin.
Houston
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Upon arrival, checkin was very smooth. We were very satisfied with our room. We stayed 2 nights, and after the 1st night we were expecting housekeeping to come thru but no one ever did. When we ran into the housekeeping lady, she said that she was told to clean the checked-out rooms first. We thought that made sense, plus she's right next door, how long could it take? We asked her to come by when she's done. An hour later, she was already done and moved on to another floor. While we don't care if the bed wasn't made, there were dishes but no dish cleaning agent. We needed towels, and of course none were given. When I went to the front desk, to ask, they told me the same thing that the housekeeping were to clean the rooms checked-out first. And again, I don't mind that, but when the lady said she'll come to clean our room, we were expecting her. Instead she vanished. The front desk gave us towels and dish washing detergent for the dishwasher. And we never saw the housekeeping again for the 2nd night.

While they may not be accustomed to handle a busy home-game weekend. There are other hotels in the area that can and did handle that volume. This is not the bang for the bucks I've seen or read. Don't think I'll be back.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool if you want quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for completing the TripAdvisor review regarding your stay with us at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I am happy to see that overall your stay with us was satisfactory; however, I regret that the service level of housekeeping did not meet your expectations. I have shared your review with our executive housekeeper. Please contact me at elizabeth.jackson@hilton.com so that I may get more personal information from you to review this incident. As one of our valued guests at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, your opinion is important to us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stove top? only one small burner worked. Dishwasher? didn't work, and if it did, you have to buy dishwasher soap. Disposal? didn't work. Sink was clogged with a horrible odor, couldn't clean because sink was not draining. Microwave worked fine. We had planned on cooking our Thanksgiving Dinner for the two of us. We came with all the food to cook, except we did have a pre-cooked turkey. Thank goodness for the Whole Food Store! in Austin on Lamar, it was open for a few hours on Thanksgiving Day. We ended up going there Thanksgiving items, and for the next few days. They say, USA Today delivered week days, not so. We got one the whole time we were there. And.... to top it off, we stay 4 days, and NEVER had our room cleaned. Had to ask, In Spanish, for all our needed towels. Asked why and was told our room was not scheduled. Was lucky, I could speak Spanish.
Would we stay again?, only if I could check out the kitchen first, and make sure appliances, and sink worked.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for completing the TripAdvisor review regarding your stay with us at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South. I regret that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations! I have shared your review and comments with the staff. If you have the opportunity to contact me personally at elizabeth.jackson@hilton.com or (512)445-5050. I would like to get additonal information so that I may further review the details of the incident. As one of our valued guests at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, your opinion is important to us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

(512) 445-5050
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have stayed at this property probably over 10 times, and have never had a bad experience. Even hosted a family reunion here - it was perfect. The location is great. Easy on and off for either I 35 or 71. Minutes to the airport or downtown or Zilker Park. Rooms are clean, nicely appointed and close to restaurants. Staff has always been pleasant and accomodating. Decent morning breakfasts are included. We have stayed in the one and two bedroom units. Sleeper sofa's in Living Area handy when travelling with kids, as is the full kitchen.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
ejackson00, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin South, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Traveltrio3,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stays with us over the past 10 years. The review from a truly loyal guest at our hotel is highly valued. We have been doing renovations since July and making some positive changes to the hotel. I hope that you are able to enjoy the upgrades on your next visit to Austin. Safe travels!

Elizabeth