“VERY surprised (and gratefully so)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Austin Airport

Staybridge Suites Austin Airport
Ranked #61 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Tampa, Florida
“VERY surprised (and gratefully so)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

I was not sure what to expect here because I had this hotel booked for me, and I almost exclusively stay at a Marriott property when traveling. Having said that, I was REALLY surprised with what I walked into here when I opened the door to my room.

HUGE...that is the best way to describe it. Very much like what you would expect at a Homewood Suites (Hilton). The furnishings were very warm and welcoming (not like the military-issue stuff that you get at Residence Inn, and the kitchen looked more like a small apartment kitchen than a hotel kitchen.

The bed...OMG...the BED! I_DO_NOT normally sleep well in hotels. This one...best sleep ever, without question. I really can't say that enough. In fact, let me say it again...BEST_SLEEP_EVER in a hotel.

As far as the surrounding area, make darn sure you have a car. There really isn't any place close to get the things you might want without a car (unless you don't mind playing "Frogger" while crossing the highway.) The "BridgeMart" is lacking in some things I might want to have on hand, but all in all, it isn't bad.

Breakfast...not fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but it is food, and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

If you need a place to stay near the airport, I would highly recommend this property to you.

Room Tip: The ONLY thing I would say is that if you do not need an accessible room, make sure you don't ge...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. I was concerned about the location, but found it to be very accessible, quiet, safe feeling. Very roomy, comfortable, clean, and nice breakfast. It was fine for business and the negotiated rate, but would be a bit pricey paying on your own, in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

All the staff here is great... But if you are unfortunately faced with Cynthia who is the front desk staff , don't expect any kind of hospitality. I have stayed here several times and any time I had to interact with her she was very irritating. The hotel itself is good and all the rest of the staff members are great. The housekeeping is great too. But I think the front desk staff should be courteous and friendly and if not the whole experience is spoiled. And I am telling this based on my several interactions on several occasions with her not just one.

Room Tip: Talk to the sales manager directly
Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank K B
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We loved this hotel. The suite was large enough to have a small dinner party. Breakfast was great with wonderful service. Austin highways connect this hotel to any part of the city, so no matter where your visit takes you, this hotel can be your base. Staff was very helpful throughout the property. Hallways were a little confusing, but we soon figured out which elevator was best to use to reach our room. The only drawback was that wifi didn't work well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near an elevator and get specific directions.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Our family stayed at this property recently, as part of a group. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the pool and the basketball court. Breakfast staff is the best. The waffle maker was the big hit. The all day coffee is excellent and an appreciated perk. The business center gets the job done for boarding passes and work email. I like the little food you can purchase -- the milk and cereal are great for families. We enjoyed having a microwave and refrigerator. The Staybridge Suites floor plan is excellent for families with one to five children. Excellent.

Our only negative was that we had to move due to a bad air conditioner (Room 203). Moved to another room -- no problems. However, on the day when we were to check out, our key didn't work and the front desk person told us we weren't registered to the new room. I told them I would go to Mass, calm down, and needed access as soon as I got back. We got back into the room. The front desk staff is the big weakness at this hotel. Otherwise, we had a good time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family