Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium
Ranked #46 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
frisco
“Comfortable bed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised on our visit back to this hotel. It looks like they renovated. The room we were assigned had a new bed and what looks like new carpet. I cannot remember when I had as good a sleep as I had this time. The bed was very comfortable. We came this time for the Rangers vs Yankees game. We took a leisurely stroll to the ballpark and came back to the hotel later on a red street car trolley.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank c0wgirl10
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Tidy hotel, great location. We went to a game at the Rangers Ballpark, got the free shuttle to the game and was only about a 30 min walk back afterwards.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank girlgreeno
Indianapolis IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I was very pleased with our stay in Arlington SixFlags/ Days Inn. The room was extremly clean, new and well kept. I was afraid the rates being so much lower there I would be staying in a flea bag.... Not the case. the people were so nice, The Collins street Days Inn is so nice.... I can't say enough about how clean and well kept this Hotel was...
So if you plan on the area... It is nice and right across the street from The Cowboys Stadium. What a beautiful sight... and you can walk within a couple of minutes.
I will go back my next trip...Kathi

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KU1123
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My family and I spent the night of March 24 at the Day’s Inn location at 910 N Collins St, Arlington, Texas. We occupied three rooms.

Our experience was extremely mixed.

To begin with, the reservations were made and pre-paid on February 24. At that time, I called that location and spoke with the desk clerk at least three different times and talked about our pets (two Yorkshire Terriers) on two of those occasions. I was told that they did accept pets at that location and there would be a charge of $10 per pet per night. I was pleased with that rate and asked if that would be the total charge for our pets. I was told that it would be the entire fee.

When we arrived on Saturday evening, March 24, we were barely into our rooms and dealing with another problem (one of the rooms that we were originally assigned to smelled strongly of urine) when we got a call from the front desk saying we would have to check out because we had pets and the Inn didn’t allow pets. (This was about an hour and a half before our dinner reservations for a birthday celebration for my 90-year-old father and my daughter, who share the same birthday). In the month between the day I made the reservations and pre-paid for the rooms and the day that we arrived, we had received no communication from Day’s Inn indicating a change in pet policy.

I went to the front desk and emphatically stated that I had no intention of checking out since we had made the reservations in good faith and with full disclosure of our pets. After the desk clerk had a lengthy telephone call with someone, she said that we could stay, but we would have to move to another room. Instead of a room with a king-size bed, which we had reserved, we were moved into a room across the hall with two double beds. Not really satisfactory, but because of our haste to get ready to go to dinner, I accepted that solution. She also said at that time that we would have to pay an additional $30 for cleaning because of our pets. Frankly, I wouldn’t have been too upset about that if it had been revealed when I made the reservations – but having it sprung on us at that time didn’t set very well. However, because of my eagerness to get to our birthday celebration, I accepted that also and went on to get ready to go to dinner.

Giving credit where credit is due, the rest of the stay was comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, though my wife suggests that they need to put mattress pads on the beds. She said the firmness of her mattress was ideal, but she could feel every indention in the pattern of the mattress. I also want to say that the young lady on duty at the front desk the evening we checked in was very professional in dealing with the situation.

In summary, the rooms were adequate and the personnel did their jobs well, but their communication with customers leaves a great deal to be desired. I’m undecided about whether we would consider Day’s Inn in our travel plans in the future.

Room Tip: I doubt that any room is much better than any other. One side of the Inn faces an apartment complex...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 19JHR43
DI_Mgmt, General Manager at Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
We thank this guest for his business and for taking time to write about his concerns.

Ever since we installed new carpet pad, carpeting, pillowtop beds, drapes, bed skirts, and bed throws, we have stopped accepting pet and hotel is now a smoke-free hotel. We have apologized to this guest for his inconvenience. Our desk clerk did offer him the choice to cancel his reservations and check out after learning he had two pets. Because of his refusal, the desk clerk called management and explained the situation and of the fact that he had a cage for his pets. Management went decided to accommodate this guest's needs and offered for his party to either stay and agree to keep his pets in its cage and to pay a $30 cleaning fee or for his party to check out. He agreed to the conditions and accepted the cleaning fee charge, which we have explained to him is a real cost as we are mindful of the fact that some guests are allergic to pets.

We are glad that he found our beds to be very comfortable. We have installed one of the better hotel beds from Serta for the comfort of our guest. We have explained to guest that the new beds are pillowtop beds and we do have mattress pads on the beds but because of the pillowtop, the mattress pad will not lay down flat. We are also happy that he felt our desk clerk serviced him very professionally. We have thanked this guest for his time.
Hotel Management
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

After reading many of the reviews I feel we may have made a mistake by reserving rooms at this motel...I do not think you should have to pay for parking when you are being charged over 150.00 a night to stay at a motel. I have stayed at very nice hotels when travling for work and i was never charged to park in the lot... I hope i can come back monday and have nice things to say, it seems like the managers or whom ever is responding to these just has alot of excuses. Maybe the owners need to make a visit, like they do in Undercover Boss.. I may suggest that if we have a bad visit. signed Worried for my family.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
DI_Mgmt, General Manager at Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
We thank this guest for his business and for taking time to write about his concerns of our Hotel parking policy before his stay.

In the immediate vicinity around Cowboys Stadium, all businesses have to manage their parking lots during Cowboys home games or Special Events at the Cowboys Stadium. As parking is limited at the Cowboys Stadium, the parking spaces in the immediate vicinity of the Cowboys Stadium are used by all the visitors. Unmanaged parking lots are quickly filled by visitors seeking to not pay for parking and in our case that would not be good as this would cause our guests to be unable to park here. Because of the extra costs associated with managing the parking lots - such as insurance, maintenance, added property taxes, annual City license fees and labor costs, all businesses in the immediate vicinity around Cowboys Stadium have to charge for the use of the parking during events - their charges are commensurate with what the Cowboys Stadium charges for their parking.

Parking fee though an extra cost is not unusual. Hotels next to Houston Convention Center and Toyota Center (a Sports Venue/Stadium and Concert Venue) charge for parking. Hotel next to Arlington Convention Center also charges for parking. And most, if not all, Hotels on San Antonio's Riverwalk also charge for parking. In fact, there are other examples where Hotels located in close vicinity to venues or attractions that draw lots of visitors charge for parking. Visitors who like to be next to the venue or attraction usually do not mind paying for the convenience. Others on tighter budget do not mind staying further away and having to spend extra time on the road and deal with the traffic congestion. We should point out that those visitors who chose to drive in to the attractions will also end up having to pay for parking as well and sometimes they may be unlucky and find no parking spaces at all.

We realize that parking fee is an extra cost and to help deliver value to our guests who need parking, we have a parking package that would include the parking for guests staying two or more consecutive nights around events at the Cowboys Stadium.

Finally, you do not have to park at the Hotel. We also have regular guests who fly in, take a Taxi, and they, of course, do not incur any parking fee.

We wish to thank this guest again for his time.

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels