“Hilton Arlington: A Very Pleasant Stay”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 3 August 2012

A very well run establishment. Friendly personnel all around, not to mention a very convenient location for taking care of business in either Dallas or Ft. Worth, and an easy drive to/from the airport. With Six Flags, sports stadiums, and good restaurants in close proximity, there's plenty to do after a busy day in the office. And the hotel lounge and restaurant offer up very good provisions as well. An added bonus is that the hotel shuttle will gladly drop you off/pick you up from Six Flags or a ball game. Thanks for the great hospitatlity Hilton Arlington.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Thanks for your feedback, and yes, we are conveniently located next to both Dallas and Fort Worth Texas. Plus, right down the road from Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Six Flags over Texas, Hurricane Harbor Water Park, and the Texas Rangers Stadium. We look forward to seeing you again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

James Shandor

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have been staying at the Hilton quite a few times this past year and always look forward to my visits to the hotel.

The staff is friendly, courteous, attentive and will quickly address any issue or need. My rooms have always been very clean with just the right amount of space and amenities.

The restaurant and bar are very good, surprisingly busy and well staffed. There are also numerous other options for meals very close by.

It is hard to beat the location if you are coming to Arlington to play. Six Flags, the Ranger and Cowboy stadiums and many other attractions are near-by. The hotel is popular with Ranger and Cowboy fans that come in for the games. If the traffic isn't bad it is about 15-20 to the DFW airport.

My only complaint is the recent selection of a parking/transportation management company for the hotel. The people are just great, but they have blocked off quite a bit of the parking close to the entrance for Valet ($15) parking. There is still adequate parking for guests, but, frankly, the way they have blocked off the parking lot is a real pain - and I go there regularly. I can imagine the confusion of a first time guest.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the north side of the tower - a little less road noise. Southern facing rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

We are the best hotel to stay at for all Dallas Cowboys football games, as well as Texas Rangers Baseball. We have just begun a $10M renovation project so many positive changes are on the way. The new valet company has been a positively received new amenity for our guests, we are happy with the new change and our guests are as well.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Despite this hotel being older, it appears to be well maintained. It is in a business area and easily accessible off route 360 on LaMar Blvd. This hotel has 16 floors and the rooms are either on
the pool side or the Six Flags side. I had requested a Dlx King room on a high floor away from elevators, and ice/drink machines. When I checked in, I was advised the Dlx King rooms are all located by the elevators so I was changed to a regular king room on the eleventh floor on the pool side. (No offer to reduce room rate down to reg. king room rate) The room was clean. This hotel has central a/c so luckily there is not a noisy window unit, however, if people are in the swimming pool - room residents on the east side hear everything until the pool closes at midnight. The front desk staff told me the pool side was quieter. I sincerely doubt that after listening to pool parties until midnight for 3 nights in a row.
Despite coffee and tea condiments, Coffee maker in room did not brew coffee - it merely made hot water.
Bathroom is a bit cramped because the door opens right up to the commode and hits the shower
curtain rod. I stuffed a towel on the curtain rod to prevent hitting it with the door and making noise.
If you are in this area when the Texas Rangers play and/or an event at Cowboy stadium, be prepared for traffic snarls on LaMar Blvd., BallPark Drive, Randol Mills and Collins Blvd. And take your GPS with you because you cannot use those roads to get back to the hotel after the event. The police route you on a street named Division and you go west - away from the hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has a night club on Fri. and Sat.nights. Do not stay in a room on a lower floor or you wi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank seaview69

Thank you for your feedback. We are right next to Dallas Cowboys Stadium, and the Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington Texas. We have just begun a $10M renovation project and are very excited about the new look and feel for our hotel. We look forward to seeing you back again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My recent stay at the Arlington Hilton provided me with the high quality services I have come to expect of a Hilton hotel, but the welcoming atmosphere can only be explained by dedicated staff who enjoy their jobs. The large pool, close proximity to a number of restaurants and the hotel room itself made our stay totally stress-free. My first night home I missed the wonderful mattress and pillows. Because of this positive experience, I booked a room at the Hilton in CIncinnati for my conference next month. I sure hope it measures up to my experience in Arlington!

Room Tip: The higher floors provide a tremendous view of the skyline in the evening.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand! I agree, our team makes the difference for all of our guests, and we strive for excellence every day. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel is classy yet is a good fit for business travellers like myself and families visiting 6 Flags two streets over. This hotel is really quite nice, the rooms are clean, linens are fresh and a room on the south wall gives you a spectacular view of 6 Flags near the rollercosters. Any time I walked toward the fron door, the bellman opened it for me (I walk with a cane). Checking in took about 45 seconds. Same with check out. I needed to ship some documents FedEx and they had everything I needed. I was too simple. The food in the restaraunt is good and the bar doesn't smell like a typical stuffy bar. I stay there for a week every three months on business. I've used the pool which is connected indoor and outdoor and I always look forward to that. I'm very comfortable there and I will always return. After staying there for 7 days, I never feel anxious to get home. You get a lot for the money you pay.

Room Tip: Pick a room up high on the south wall to see the amusment park or pick a room on the north side for...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chip_Ohio

Thank you and I agree with you, nothing beats the view from our windows! At night you can see Six Flags, the Texas Rangers Ballpark at Arlington, as well as Dallas Cowboys Stadium. All great views! We look forward to seeing you back again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.