New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Super 8 Aransas Pass
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Aransas Pass
“New motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were checked in by a friendly and courteous desk clerk. The rooms were clean and a bit larger than most motel rooms. A very nice place to stay. We would stay here again. Only drawback, there is nothing close by! A good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob0409
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Taos, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

3 years ago we stayed at this hotel and were very pleased with the room. This year, the price was still good, but the building seems to have deteriorated. The first thing I noticed was 2 little roaches running around on the bathroom trash can. The breakfast was below average and the coffee was horrible. I don't think I want to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kate M
Bedford,In.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

ROACHES!!!!! ROACHES!!! we sprayed,plus they said they sprayed.Room wasn't cleaned daily..We would have left if we hadn't already paid in advance.Usually stay there every year. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: If you are there check room out first before you decide to stay. DON'T BELIEVE THE PICTURES THA...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda P

Travellers are raving about these Aransas Pass hotels

Welling
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

After watching our grandson graduate from the Air Force in San Antonio we decided to take a couple of days in Aransas Pass and this was a reasonable rate hotel. However you get what you pay for. While the room was fairly clean we could not use the outside door as the key would not work in it. The internet was sketchy and the morning we were to leave I woke up with welts all over my arms. Not sure if it was bed bugs, sand fleas or red ants as we were on the beach and ran into some fire ants at one stop we made but reguardless I still have the welps. Breakfast was not anything we would want but there was a good resturant down the street. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank callout3
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

I have stayed in the area a couple of times. Actually I would have preferred to stay at the Hawthorn across the street but we were there for a funeral and didn't plan for the expenses so the room rate was excellent. The outside and lobby appeared okay, but when you walk upstairs the floor creeps eveytime you walk. It felt like the floors were about to cave in. The bath tub drain was broken and the tub also felt like it was about to cave in as soon as I stepped in it. In our room I found 3 roaches crawling around. I was so disgusted-I called the front desk and the guy that checked me in said "our motel doesn't have any bugs and the I'll have to talk to the housekeepers in the morning about your room-is that okay?" I told him "well it does have a bug problem because I just saw 3 roaches crawling around, 2 of which I killed. Do you want to see them? And I do not want them crawling into my things and possibly infesting my house so no it's not okay." He finally agreed to switch us to another room. When I went downstairs the clerk shoved the new key my way-he completely changed his attitude from when we checked in as if it was my fault that the place had bugs. The new room's bathtub was the same way. We didn't find any bugs-believe me I inspected that room before we put our things in it. Beware people-don't stay here! There's a reason it's $50 a night.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
11.4 km away
Plantation Suites
Plantation Suites
#5 of 19 in Port Aransas

Been to Super 8 Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK