“Good loction”

Days Inn Amarillo East
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Good loction”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

This hotel is in a good loction. Its right off I-40. There are a lot of restaurants nearby you can walk too. The front desk employee was not too friendly. He thought he was better then everbody else. The room and bathroom was clean. The bed was a little hard. The T.V. Was out dated it was a box style one. Some of the breakfast room tables where dirty and they just opened.

• Stayed November 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

This place is cramped and outdated! The location is pretty close to I-40 and it isn't as crappy as some places I've stayed at, but the area isn't very nice or safe-looking. Also, as of 8/29/11, the elevator hasn't been inspected since October 2009. I'm sure there are worse options, but the next time I pass through Amarillo, I'll be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

This hotel definitely needs a remodel, but other than that and the noise from the road I have nothing bad to say. The beds were comfortable, there was a microwave and fridge, and rooms were clean, and it wasn't difficult to get to the places we wanted to go. The staff was very accommodating and the free breakfast was good. I'd recommend this hotel if you're road tripping down I-40 and need somewhere to stay overnight. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time on Amarillo, though.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

This is a horrible hotel. The service was terrible! What am I saying? There was no service. Our room was dirty and had not been cleaned. I don't think the changed the sheets, just made the bed. The trash was full, the toiletries werw only half there. The sink and bath were dirty. I called the front desk and she said there was nothing she could do. There was also only one towel for 4 of us. This was the worst experience i have ever had!! I am not a picky person, but this was bad!"

• Stayed July 2010
Colorado, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed here for a night when we met my parents halfway between Dallas and Denver to drop our kids with their grandparents for a couple weeks. We made reservations through the name your own price feature on Priceline so we didn't know what hotel we would get until after we had already paid. That is always a little nerve-racking because when I got online and looked at the previous reviews I was really worried- I booked for myself and my parents. It could have been really embarrasing if the hotel turned out bad but thankfully it didn't!

Upon our arrival the hotel was clean, pet friendly and management went out of their way to accomadate our special requests. They gave us rooms right next to one another just like we had hoped for and our beds were big enough that my dads feet didn't hang off the bed. (6'4" man) The rooms looked clean, smelled clean and were surprisingly quiet. Breakfast the next morning was an added plus.

I wasn't sure if I had made a good choice in the beginning but after our stay I can tell you, we will most likely use this hotel every summer for family meetings!

OH! Here is the best part- I left my purse in the hustle and bustle of trying to get out with four kids the next morning. I didn't realize this until I was sitting at a gas station in Denver ready to get gas. Panicked, I called the hotel, maid service had found my purse and brought it down to the front desk. When I called management was awesome, they mailed my purse to me COD. I receive it today, less than a week later and everything was just as I had left it. Cash, credit cards, EVERYTHING! This speaks volumes to me about the quality of staff at the Days Inn.

I definetly reccomend The Days Inn East!

Room Tip: Communicate special requests ahead of time.