“Great pizza and pasta!”

Palio's Pizza Cafe
Ranked #82 of 571 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 31 December 2016

The place is large, and they had no trouble seating our group of fourteen. The server was very friendly and did a good job of taking orders and getting the meals out at the same time.

We had a rather odd chicken/cashew/cranberry pizza that really was good. Others had other uncommon and usual varieties and all said theirs was good. About half of our crowd had pasta dishes, and all were said to be good and ample in size. Salads were good too.

We had a couple pitchers of beer and other beverages and the server did a good job of keeping everyone's glasses full. Some helper servers moved in at times to assist in all going smoothly.

Prices are a bit on the high side, but the quality and quantity of food is very good.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I was so impressed with my lunch the first time I went, I couldn't wait to go back. This time was a total disaster. They wouldn't give me gluten free pizza for the lunch special, so I had to pay the regular price and they added on the cost of a salad and a drink. So not worth it. In addition, I am pretty sure my meal had been contaminated with some gluten. My blood sugar had been in the 80s that morning and spiked to over 320 half an hour after eating here with the accompanying vomiting and shakes. Will never go back.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Had dinner there on a Sat. nite. No trouble getting a table. Our waitress was very friendly and very good. We split a salad and entre and she had it split for us in the kitchen. The food was very good and the price was reasonable. We had a Greek Salad and a pasta dish. Huge servings even tho we split. Will go back when we are hungry for pasta

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Found Palio's Pizza (pronounced like Pal) near our hotel on TripAdvisor. Previous good reviews. Ordered bruschetta appetizer. Really good. 8 small pieces. Perfect for 2 people. Kate was our server. Friendly, prompt, attentive without hovering. Veggie pizza plus pepperoni had a ton of toppings from edge to edge. Very thin crust, but not hard like a cracker. Good beer list. We'll be back when we're near Amarillo again.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank nancym765
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Though Palio's Pizza is excellent, be careful where you walk. Accidents do happen, but how the accident is handled makes all the difference in the end . . .As I walked directly behind the hostess who said, "Follow me," a waitress slung a hot pizza - straight from the oven - into my path and all over me. I ended up with hot pizza on my hand, foot, and all over my clothing. After I cleaned myself up - hand still burning - not one person came to our booth to see if I was okay. I thought about calling the manager over, but I was embarrassed myself since I had pizza stains all over my shirt. I kept thinking someone would come by to check on me or offer a discounted meal, but that never happened. We have frequented Palio's often in the past, but today's events make me hesitant to return. Management and wait staff should have better training.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank 620alisonk

Been to Palio's Pizza Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK