“Great place to stop on I-40”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #12 of 570 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Traveling west and stopped at the Big Texan! It was a great mid-day stop and our waiter Tim was fun to talk with. We even got witness someone complete the 72-oz challenge; done in 37 minutes. We split an order of ribs with two sides which was plenty for two. They provide sauce on the side. The ribs were great with and without the sauce. The meal came with two buns and the two sides. We went with the coleslaw and steak fries. All were very good. They have several local beers so we had a flight of four to taste.

The Big Texan also has a visitors shop to pick up plenty of gifts and souvenirs.

A great place to break up a long trip.

Date of visit: May 2018
4  Thank Jon A

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I go to Texas Roadhouse religiously. He loves the NY Strip and I live for the Rattlesnake bites. We went with my sister (her first time) and it was good. The rolls took some time to get to our table. Then, our waitress vanished each time after she came to our table which meant we went for a little longer time with our drinks running out and the food took a while to come out. The steaks were cooked as desired, but the tartar sauce tasted like an extra dose of vinegar. Then, we were ready to leave but our waitress took a while to come back and pick up our card to check out. The food was good, but the service was just a little lagging.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank JasmineSV7
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Normally TX Roadhouse gives customers above average quality steaks for decent prices. It’s not mind blowing, but it’s rarely bad. It’s loud, and the neon signs (mandated to burn by corporate) can be annoying depending where you’re sitting, but the food is typically decent. The Mac and cheese, however, is abysmal. It’s the instant kind you buy at the store and comes out still powdery, watery, and flavorless. Cmon, guys. Up that Mac and cheese game.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Travis A
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We were disappointed with this Texas Roadhouse. The music was so loud you couldn't even enjoy the evening, my husband commented that it was like a beer joint. Our waiter, Emilio, was not very attentive and had to even ask another waitress for something. He never offered refills, we had to ask a few times for more bread and it was so long before we would even see him again. I wasn't impressed with my steak, I even needed steak sauce for it. We paid for a loaded baked potato and when we mashed it up, it was dry and we asked for more butter. The portion sizes were nice though.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank DLMoss
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Had ribs the first night, they were falling of the bone. Had a salad and a large sweet potato. They give you fresh rolls, which are the best. Went again for a burger, once again I was very happy with my order. The staff was friendly.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank TsRabbit

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK