“Good Food!”

Ranked #147 of 569 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: "Inspired by legendary cuisine from the great ranches of Texas....And beyond" gives you an idea that this is a unique barbeque restaurant and steakhouse. Informal atmosphere with truly savory delights. Yes, there is barbeque, steaks and burgers (even bison burgers), but so much more......Meatloaf, chicken fry, fried catfish, pork loin, smoked turkey breast and a whole lot more. Great homemade sides like potato salad, cole slaw, pinto beans and two kinds of macaroni and cheese. Dessert? We offer cobbler and ice cream or step into The Crave Factory for a wide variety of fabulously creative and utterly delicious bakery items.
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We had never ate here but had heard good things. I can agree that the food is good. Brisket was fresh and tender. Chicken fried steak was outstanding. The potato salad and pinto beans are good. The only complaint I had was the service. No problem getting in or getting our order in. We got our food and about 5 minutes after we got our food, the waitress came by and asked if everything was good. That was the last time we saw her. She did not come back the rest of the time we were there. While we had been waiting for our bill for about 15 minutes, the manager noticed my frustration and had one of the other waitresses come over. She asked if we were ready. I told her that I had wanted another piece of toast but no one ever came back to check on us. She brought me the bill and we left. On one offered an apology.

Roy L, Owner at Trail Boss Ranch Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Howdy! Please accept my apologies for the terrible service you experienced during your visit last evening. There is never an excuse for poor service. Yes, we have struggled with providing excellent service recently. One server is out because she had emergency open heart surgery and we are trying to cover her shifts which spreads us a little thin sometimes.. I should have had 4 servers but only had two servers and a busser. It was my mistake not to come over to check on you myself instead of asking a server to check on you. Please accept my personal apology for that error in judgement. The server should have gotten you another order of toast, at least. I didn't realize there was a problem. other than paying out, or I would have come to your table to correct anything that was wrong. If you would send me an email at roy@trailbossranchcooking.com, I will be eager to work to make things right. Once again, please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I ordered the chicken fried steak. We were told as we were being seated that they were short on kitchen help so we expected a delay in our meal. What nI didn't expect was the gravy to be congealed when my meal arrived. Not only was everything, my steak was tough. When I said something to the waitress, she quipped, Chicken fried steak is always tough. She didn't offer to get me anything else.

Roy L, Owner at Trail Boss Ranch Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Howdy Lynn,
Please accept my apologies for your disappointing visit to Trail Boss. Last week we experienced a few tough chicken fried steaks due to a substitution of steaks by our supplier. We offer the highest quality hand breaded steaks that we can purchase. Unfortunately, our supplier substituted another brand of steaks last week due to a shortage in their inventory. I also apologize for your treatment by your server. She should have offered to make things right for you or, at the very least, inform a manager. After you left, that server was talking to other servers about a guest that complained about a CFS. After a brief conversation with her, she is no longer employed with us. Please give us another chance to make things right for you. Just ask for Trail Boss and I promise you will be happy with the outcome.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Found this place on TripAdvisor and so glad I did. We were greeted and seated promptly. The wait staff and the owner provided great service. We didn't try the bbq or steaks this time, but that is for my next trip. The calf fries were GREAT, fixed just the way they should be. Their version of Country Pride Enchiladas were delicious and the beans...... I think they were the best I have had in years! Heading back in the morning for brunch!! I'll let you know what I think.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We seen this on FB and decided to drive south to try it out. The menu choice is huge. I tried the chicken fry chicken with sweet potato fries. Others had varied items. Their food was awesome and plentiful. The place is very clean, staff great, well worth your trying it out.

Roy L, Owner at Trail Boss Ranch Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thanks for visiting with us. We pray that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We eat at Trail Boss quite often, as it's location is in our neighborhood. Chicken Fried steak is great, green beans are scrumptious, the Hawaiin meal is my favorite. But everything we've ordered is delicious. You won't leave hungry.