“Better”

China Star
Ranked #139 of 534 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The food was better then the last time.I was here.nice selection of food.good and fresh. Good egg rolls

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I am not a big fan of all you can eat buffets but on a recent cross-country trip my wife and I revisited the China Star. We have been here on a number of trips so I was very pleasantly surprised to find the quality of the food had in my estimation exceeded my expectations. To my thinking it is very difficult to keep so many different offerings up to a high quality but Star does it. I loved the fried white fish and even onion rings which I don't think are Chinese were crisp and tasty. A word of caution this place seems to get more popular on every visit. I will most certainly visit next time I'm in Amarillo.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

the staff is friendly but the food has gone down hill. everything taste the same and the salection is not as good.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

They have a very large buffet and their hot and sour soup is great. At night they have boiled shrimp. They have a large selection and it is all well prepared.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Today my son, wife and me ate here. While I was eating I noticed something that WASN'T supposed to be included in the meal. As with any restaurant, there are times when the kitchen help are so busy that something slips through the line unnoticed.

I motioned to the manager to come to our table, and very quietly mentioned it to him. He immediately got the owner and told her. She came to our table and I told her what had occurred and that I wasn't complaining about the meal as it was all good.

The owner patted me on the shoulder, thanked me for my service to my country and said the meal was on the house.

The General TZO'S candied chicken was an excellent choice as are the green beans, The Shrimp is very tasty, has a crust that I think is coconut. The Chicken Teryocky may have been under the steamer a little long, but in the afternoon after the lunch crowd leaves it may have been from lunch.
Of course the goodies as always are good. I had a little of everything like Vanilla Pudding, jello, Banana Pudding, two very good cookies, and some Ice Cream(which I think was Ice Milk). But it is all tasty.

China Star is all buffet, so you can stuff yourself. Prices are reasonable, The atmosphere most differently is China with Stained Glass windows and table and chairs depict the country.