“Problem with the meal”

China Star
Ranked #140 of 536 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Today my son, wife and me ate here. While I was eating I noticed something that WASN'T supposed to be included in the meal. As with any restaurant, there are times when the kitchen help are so busy that something slips through the line unnoticed.

I motioned to the manager to come to our table, and very quietly mentioned it to him. He immediately got the owner and told her. She came to our table and I told her what had occurred and that I wasn't complaining about the meal as it was all good.

The owner patted me on the shoulder, thanked me for my service to my country and said the meal was on the house.

The General TZO'S candied chicken was an excellent choice as are the green beans, The Shrimp is very tasty, has a crust that I think is coconut. The Chicken Teryocky may have been under the steamer a little long, but in the afternoon after the lunch crowd leaves it may have been from lunch.
Of course the goodies as always are good. I had a little of everything like Vanilla Pudding, jello, Banana Pudding, two very good cookies, and some Ice Cream(which I think was Ice Milk). But it is all tasty.

China Star is all buffet, so you can stuff yourself. Prices are reasonable, The atmosphere most differently is China with Stained Glass windows and table and chairs depict the country.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Nice large buffet with something for everyone. Good service on drinks. This is strictly a buffet which appears to do some takeout business. Food is ok but not fantastic, I would go back

Reviewed 30 June 2015

the food is usually fresh and there is a lot to choose from. If you leave hungry it's your own fault. Plenty of veggies to choose from.

Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

05may2015
Visited the place for lunch, pretty busy restaurant.
Food quality is bad, plain, tasteless.
Food variance, poor.
Price to value, not worthy.
Hospatility, poor, zero smile.

Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

Everytime I go to China Star I always have a great time. Great service, great food, nice environment. I usually go with family and i even celebrated my birthday there with family and friends.

1  Thank Melissa A