“Pretty typical breakfast. ”

Calico County Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 571 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 8
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: OUR FOOD WILL KEEP YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE We opened our doors with the goal of creating scrumptious dishes you won't want to stop eating. Calico County Restaurant in Amarillo, TX is known for creating a variety of delectable home-cooked meals, including: Sandwiches Chicken-fried steak Cinnamon rolls Burgers Salads Vegetables We provide complimentary cinnamon or dinner rolls while you wait for your order. We also have a children's menu for kids who are 12 and under. Visit Calico County Restaurant in Amarillo, TX for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

This is a meat and potato place. We got just what we were expecting. So, it just could have been a little better. Service was okay, but not really welcoming. Probably wouldn’t choose this again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2018

The restaurant has free parking. The walls are decorated with farm tools and other items to lend a rustic air. The service was fast and the food was excellent. Prices are quite low, also. A good place to go for a quick, inexpensive, yet tasty meal.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We originally went to a pancake house around the corner and put our name in for a table but it didn’t feel right while we were waiting so we googled breakfast places in the area and found Calico County Restaurant. This was the best choice to change plans. We were seated immediately and our waitress, Brittney was the sweetest, most helpful! They serve complementary cinnamon rolls while you wait for your food and they were so warm and yummy. We ordered both our bacon and hash browns extra crispy and they cooked everything perfectly, including the eggs. I highly recommend this place if you are passing through Amarillo like we were... or become a regular if you live there. The price and value of the food was extremely reasonable for what you receive.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018

The Calico has changed owners since I was there last year, and the food is not the same. They had the best fried catfish, and I always looked forward to it. This time it was a fried frozen Gorton patty. The service was good, but I saw many people get up and leave waiting for a waitress. Needless to say, I won't be returning to the Calico.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Recently ate at Calico for breakfast. Food is typically pretty good however in this instance had to send back chicken from Chicken & waffles order. It was just a little pink but I'm picky about my chicken. No big deal to me it just needed nuked another min or thrown on the grill. Needless to say I got nothing back for over 10 min. Finally server came by and when we asked about it he said well it had to be completely re-cooked. Needless to say at that point I started eating the waffles. Later, because everyone one else was almost completely done we called him over and told him to cancel the chicken. I went ahead and finished off the waffles, everyone was waiting on me now. The server offered to put it in a togo box. We said no. When we got the ticket they did took that item off. (completely, I would have paid for the waffle) That was nice and we will still come back, but still was a disappointing meal.

Date of visit: September 2018