“Excellent food, friendly staff”

El Bracero Mexican Grill
Ranked #59 of 543 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 January 2017

There wasn't any part of the meal that I didn't enjoy. I had Carne Guisada, which I definitely recommend. The guacamole was good, the pica de gallo was good, the salsa was good, the rice, beans, and Carne Guisada were excellent. The server was very friendly. We stopped here from out of town and normally try several different places, but will probably go back tomorrow to try the fajitas.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

The hotel we stayed at recommended this restaurant. It was the most authentic Mexican food I've had since I was in Mexico. The place was not fancy but the staff was friendly, the prices very fair and the food was outstanding!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I were starving after hiking Palo Duro Canyon and wanted some good food. El Bracero was excellent. As soon as we got out of the car we could smell the grilled onions. The service was prompt. The food was nice portions and seasoned well. Would definitely eat here again if ever in the area.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Nice stop and don't be fooled by the building. Most restaurants like this are usually a great find. For those traveling through the Amarillo area this place is easy to get too from I40 just exit Grand and go south about 1/4 mile and its on the right. Great and friendly service.

The chips were crisp and good, had two salsa one red a bit spicy on the afterwards and the green chili salsa. Both were fresh and great.
My wife had the fajitas special is was plenty for her. Meat was tender and flavored well. I had the cheese enchiladas with chili con sauce and absolutely loved that chili con sauce. Could've had more of that sauce for my chips and rice lol. Rice was tender and great as well. You can't beat the price....both ate for $15.96. Impressive especially on a budget or big family.
Would recommend stopping by.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

The food and service was excellent. It is a small place but very clean. 3 of us ordered fajitas with quail, shrimp, and beef and lots of extras. We shared it because it was so large and we still had leftovers.