“No”
Review of Splash Amarillo - CLOSED

Splash Amarillo
More attraction details
Owner description: The Only Water Park in the Panhandle of TexasWelcome to Splash Amarillo. Join us for a day (or half day) of family fun entertainment. We are a water park based out of Amarillo, TX. that is designed for all ages ranging from children all the way to senior citizens. This is a stress free environment that will bring laughs, thrills, and good ole fun.Our park has everything from thrilling high speed slides to a giant wave pool. All rides with pools are monitored closely by skilled and certified lifeguards. While you're at the park, you can relax in several shaded areas to take a break from the sun. This is very important since you will be outdoors all day. We also have a large food and drink menu at our concession area. Be sure to take a look at our pricing page to look at our selection. Our concession area has a covered area to enjoy your food in. Our cleaning crew will make sure you enjoy food and beverages in a clean environment.Another popular area at the park is our gift shop. You can pick up sun screen, swim trunks, t-shirts, hats, and a lot more. Your purchases can be stored in lockers, that can also be purchased in Gift shop. Life Jackets are Free of charge, but you must have a valid I.D. to check one out.Other popular areas of the park includes our volleyball & basketball courts. This is a great area to interact with those who may or may not be participating in our intense water rides. Please take a look at our attractions and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Splash Amarillo is a community park that appreciates all feedback. We use your comments and suggestions as a way to continue improving the park each year!Price Range: $$ ($10-30)Hours of Operation: Mon. - Sat: 12:00 pm - 7:00 pmSun: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree Parking & Admission price includes tubes
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Bird poop everywhere and I mean everywhere you walked.
The lazy river was closed.
The large slide was closed.
One of the mid level slides was closed and covered in bird poop.
Sign regarding weight limit was wrong, single riders were not allowed.
Gift shop was a joke. Loved the ghetto wiring to the other building for Internet.
$6 + $5 deposit for a locker. The key was a joke. The lock could have been easily picked.
Water was filthy, it was so cloudy I couldn't see my feet 12" in.
"Big D" the clown was present. Seemed nice, but that name...
I don't want to know what slime was on the changing room floor.
The float tubes were mostly deflated.
Water slide mats were old and destroyed.
Wasn't gonna even touch the food court.

On a positive note, the place is cheap and meant for small kids. The wave pool is at most 4.5ft deep so you can feel safer having your kids swim on their own. It is also small enough where you don't have to worry about losing them. They are openly Christian and mean well, but this was the worst water park I've ever been to. Serious work needs to be done in maintenance.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This has recently been purchased and is now called "Splash Kingdom", a part of a consortium. The new owners advertise a "new attitude", which is very welcome from previous ownership. My family used a Groupon and went on a Sunday at the end of the season. While the check-in person was friendly and the line was short, the concession stand was closed completely, so the food voucher part of the Groupon was unusable. The staff member traded us for a 5th admission ticket, though, which was very helpful. The lazy river was entirely out of commission, one body slide was down, and one mat slide was down. I suppose the reason for this was due to the lateness of the season, but that's pretty poor, especially when the lazy river is a substantial part of the attraction. They were even out of water bottles! We did get a cup of ice water for $1, though. The bathrooms were not especially clean, but there was soap and paper towels, which, sadly, are often missing at parks like this. I have never seen so much bird poo in my life -- all over the stairs that are climbed to reach the slides, as well as on platforms and on the closed slides; that was disgusting. Surely there is a way to minimize and clean this off. That must be fixed! I did notice that the sand volleyball court was in use and appeared clean, which is a plus. The tubes were a little underinflated, but there were plenty of them, which I do appreciate. The Sidewinder is the big slide at this park, and it does not disappoint; it's definitely the main attraction.
I hope the new owners next season take care of the bird poo situation, have all slides and the lazy river working most all of the time, and improve the concessions.

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

Park has water running in some areas, but literally no one is there. Very disappointing. No clear notice why.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

This is a great water park - very clean and staff are nice :) We loved the lazy river. My daughter even got my to go down the enormous taco water slide contraption that was terrifying but awesome and I laughed the whole time. Terrifying fun. But there were plenty of less terrifying - just plain fun - water slides :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

We have visited a few times and it is a nice water park...it is a little to expensive for no more then is there but I can look past that. The kiddie pool is great for the small kids, we enjoy the lazy river, and the wave pool the most. The slides are nice as well. This time when we were there,there was a city wide power outage. The park gave us a rain check even though the power was only out for roughly a hour.

The only thing I was not crazy about was when they made us dumb out my toddlers sippy cup...I understand not wanting outside food or drink, but seriously...to have to dump out a sippy cup!