“Holy Cow - What a great deal!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ashmore Inn & Suites

Ashmore Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Amarillo
Houston, Texas
“Holy Cow - What a great deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

After reading the reviews we were very unsure of what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised and very happy with our choice. Check in went fast and very accommodating. They had us booked in a double but easily switched us to a king.

The room was nice, clean and comfy! The bathroom was very roomy! There wasn't any negatives for us!

After check-in we were invited to the hospitality room for a tasty little complimentary supper of barbeque sandwiches and potato salad. They also offered free mixed drinks, beer and soft drinks. It was very relaxing and just right after a long day of traveling. Staff in there was also very nice. We had the same experience with the morning buffet which was very good with bacon, sausage, eggs, etc.

The inn sits off a little ways from the freeway so you don't get any traffic or noise. There is a Cracker Barrel right in front. We didn't use the indoor pool but it looked nice. The grounds were nicely kept and overall we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: It's just down the block from the AQHA headquarters!
2 Thank westernmom
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I were out driving late on the road. We decided about 100 miles out that we would stop in Amarillo for the night. I found this place through my Trip Advisor app on my phone and gave them a call. The staff was so friendly and helpful on the phone. She made my reservation and then proceeded to tell me simple directions to find them once we hit town. The location was very easy to see from the interstate. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The pillows were a little small and the carpet seemed a little old, but everything else was great. The room was cold, just how we like it. In the morning there was a complete breakfast laid out: eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, breakfast breads, biscuits and gravy, and yogurt. If that wasn't appealing to you, there was a Cracker Barrel next door.

2 Thank Charlyn73
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Room was clean. Hotel isn't that nice, very loud and busy on weekends. My sink was almost entirely clogged. Courtyard downtown is my favorite in Amarillo, would not stay here again. Convenient location at least, right near cracker barrel.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Crowley, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I want to thank the Inn for their wonderful, thoughtful and efficient handling of my goof up. I had left a folder behind in my room containing my adult son's early childhood papers and grade school art work that I wanted to give my son. The staff called our cell number and asked about the folder and a few other objects I had left behind (you must by now understand that I am old and forgetful). I was upset about the folder and they voluteered mailing it to my son's house. It arrived timely and I asked if I could reimburse them or contribute to their favorite charity and they declined. I really appreciate the 'extra mile' thoughtfulness and effort of the staff and their supervisor (whose name I have also forgotten).

S.Johnson

3 Thank Susie J
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

My sister made the arrangements the night before we left CO. 3 families shared 2 rooms with 4 queen beds. We have had some pretty bad rooms in the past 14 years on our way home. This was the 1st time we stayed at Ashmore and would do it again. Room smelled good and NO cig smell. We went to dinner at Cracker Barrel restaurant which is in front of hotel. Great breakfast bar but would suggest management add a few more tables and chairs.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family