Big Texan Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 114
Hotels.com
US$ 134
Hampton.com
US$ 106
My Place Hotel-Amarillo, TX(Amarillo)
US$ 90
US$ 75
US$ 87
US$ 84
Agoda.com
US$ 120
US$ 108
Courtyard
All reviewsold westwestern stylefun place to stayhorse hotelsteak challengewooden shuttersthemed roomswild west townswinging barroute adventuretexan experiencebathroom areabed coversswimming poolroom was clean and comfortablepassing through amarillocowboy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

For the price we got a broken table lamp, a light fixture hanging off of the bathroom wall and a broken outlet. (part of it was actually broke off.) Peeling wallpaper and baseboard were an extra bonus. We reserved two night and stayed only one. The room was very small with the two beds. However the beds were comfortable. It was an experience we won't forget.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Very nice for a Motel. Perfect for those who like that Texan theme!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

We agree with most of the ambivalent reviews. Okay for a night, but wouldn't stay there again. For the money there are nicer places to stay. Our room was very out-dated. The saloon doors to the bathroom got to be annoying. But mainly you look around & notice the depressingly awful paint, the leaning toilet, nasty jacuzzi bathtub jets, peeling baseboards, then add the wi-fi not working & think "for the money paid I could have stayed in a much nicer place and with the money this place generates, why is this place so run-down? " As for the restaurant, will review that separately, however I will say if you are watching your salt intake take a pass on eating there.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank comforrob
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We didn't plan on staying here....we stopped and had a great steak at the restaurant, and with full bellies..wandered across the parking lot to the Motel..just to see if they had rooms available. To our surprise, they did and it wasn't a bad price. We probably could have found something cheaper...but, we were full and tired from driving all day. The only thing on our minds was sleep. The hotel is adorable on the outside..and even cuter on the inside. We were in the "alamo" building which is behind the colorful building, right in front of the horse hotel. Yes, the horse hotel. Traveling horses need their sleep, too. The room was VERY comfortable. The decorations are great...me and my husband both loved the wood paneled walls. There's even a heat lamp in the bathroom...which came in handy since my husband turns the A/C on "blizzard" every time we travel. When I woke up the next morning, I sat under it like a lizard, soaking up the warmth. The pool is shaped like Texas...and they encourage you to "swim across Texas". Haha. Fair warning, when you are outside the "alamo" building..you will smell the horses aka manure. But, being from the country..that didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed walking around, looking at them through the fence and talking to the cowboys and girls who were traveling through for a competition. Great hotel. If we are ever in the area again...we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank K L
Reviewed 24 June 2012

On value for money, this one is very good. Very well presented looking like the old west and the Big Texan hotel right next door there is no need to drive anywhere.

Check in was very pleasant and smooth, although wouldn't have wanted to be any earlier as my room had just been serviced. Bed was comfortable, shower was good, air conditioner was a little loud until I turned it down once the room had cooled down, after that it was fine.

You notice every room has a fly swat on the window ledge and you need it until the sun goes down, as a couple of those filthy critters get in when ever you open the door. Not the hotel's fault and maybe some spray might be easier than trying to go on safari and swat them.

They give you a $2 voucher off breakfast at the hotel the next morning for each person.

I didn't try the pool, but it looked excellent and in the shape ofthe State of Texas.

i would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo