All reviews full kitchen free laundry social hour front desk one night great suite one bedroom suite comfortable hotel small kitchen pull out sofa two queen beds road trip waffles other hotels indoor pool fresh fruit breakfast was delicious
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We stayed here in end of February and again mid March. We were traveling there with my familyso we booked the king suite. It has a king size bed in one room and another room that has 2 queens in it. Plus a living room (which I believe has a pull out) and a full kitchen. I have stayed in several Staybridge's before. I have also stayed in this room type before. The 2 things I love about the hotel chain is their rooms and their breakfast. However, when booking this room, we were given a room (booked through IHG) and when checking in they told me after I checked out I should have been given a better rate. She said he would look into it. They were painting in the hall with us. You could smell paint in the hallway but not in our room. But no notice. Then the next morning at 8:30 on a Wednesday had a fruit medley, scrambled eggs, lunch meat that was heated, waffle maker and some bread. Not the norm. The attendee was nowhere to be found. we ate the offering, but I decided to call the manager and just let her know (I would want to). She thought I was asking for something, I wasn't. She finally got the heart of the call and calmed down and apologized. She said This is not acceptable. She gave me 500 reward points (takes 20000 for a free stay) and said try us again. We did. Different room - king room. Bathroom drain access cover came off the first time we used it, and breakfast had sausage patties this time. They did have more on the bread and bagel front. But it seems like this hotel is doing bare minimum. The others made me feel like it was more of a luxury hotel than an IHG.
On a side note- I am thinking about dropping IHG the rewards do not match the benefit. and when we want to use the reward nights it seems like either hotels do not have rooms for them or they cost too much. for instance I can stay in a Holiday Inn Express and get the EXACT same breakfast and room for 10000 points in Amarillo. But they never have the rooms. I can pay for the room but its not available for redemption.

Room Tip: choose a room away from pool and elevator. doors slam loud here and elevators take forever even though 4 floor hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dalling0713
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi dalling0713,

Thanks for choosing Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing for your lodging needs and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It's unfortunate that you were not completely satisfied by the state of our rooms and hotel building. Also, I understand that you had issues with the quality of our food. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is. Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have additional concerns, dalling0713!

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Spanking new and kept nice. Accommodating but not remarkable staff. Would get top rating, but the breakfast was ordinary Staybridge — the usual powdered-egg routine. Additional fresh fruit (oranges, blueberries) would have added a lot.

The worst feature for such a promising new property is that someone who did the purchasing went the cheap-o route with the luggage carts. Just two of them (that we could discern) — both already rickety and both equipped with the standard, UNDERINFLATED balloon tires that sag when hauling a heavy load. They barely turn without a struggle.

MEMO TO ALL GMS — stop cutting corners in this department. Spring for three or four large, solid carts with HARD RUBBER tires. You won't believe the difference. These tires enable the "driver" to zip along almost no matter how large and heavy the load. Save bucks somewhere else and since GUEST SERVICE is supposed to be what you're about, get luggage carts that will well serve them AND YOUR STAFF, lugging around stuff behind the scenes.

Room Tip: First floor will make your stay easier, given the inferior luggage carts
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We love to cook while traveling, and this was a great stop for us. It was convenient, priced right, and easy to get to. It worked for us in every way. We especially liked the full size refrigerator and freezer, and the workout room was terrific.

Room Tip: It seemed as if every suite should work well.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We just spent Tuesday and Wednesday night of this week in this hotel and loved our experience. Our room was excellent and clean in every way. On Mon., Tues. and Wed. of each week they have wonderful free receptions (of course we tip the staff who make it possible) with wine, beer and a good meal. This is such a lovely safe opportunity to visit with other travelers. Breakfasts were also excellent with a full range to suit differing tastes. Very comfortable beds and bedding. Also, just a short walk across the parking lot is a very clean, well organized Burlington store with friendly staff. My husband loved the fact that he could relax in our room with a drink, while I was happy walking over and finding some great clothes at very reasonable prices. Great location for this hotel.

Room Tip: Not aware of any problem rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Checked in at 11 pm only to have to wait on the receptionist to get computer paper from the back room to load the printer to be able to print my contract. Staff should be aware of their needs at all times. Then, utensils poorly washed, dish soap, paper towel rolls not switched from previous occupants. Hairdryer nonexistent , as well. Not enough towels for my reservation. My son who slept on sofa bed, got a rash on his hands. Breakfast below my expectations. Check out is 11, when most other SS is 12! Lastly, male receptionist not appreciative of my business as the other lady was upon checking in. Poor communication skills.

Stayed: December 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hello djhmrincon,

Thanks for taking time to write your review about our hotel. It is regrettable that the amenities, service of our staff and breakfast fell below your expectations. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our facilities and amenities.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. Again, thank you for writing us a review. If you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,