“Just what I was craving ”

Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q
Ranked #23 of 571 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q serves Real Texas Bar-B-Q seven days a week. They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and group meals.
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We shared the turkey, but the young man taking our order let us taste the brisket too before ordering since we were new to this restaurant- good food and hospitality. We chose small sides of creamed corn and green chili stew .I normally wouldn’t have ordered either of those sides but they tasted so good to me. I wished I had ordered a size bigger. The bbq sauce was just right for me. A good way to end our Texas travels.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Pretty darn good brisket sandwiches and the green chile stew is amazingly delicious. Highly recommend this joint for family style meals and good food! We had been traveling for days and i wanted to make sure we had one good meal.... this definitely filled that bill.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2018

This place is amazing. The smell as you enter is fantastic. Everything done onsite and cut to order. Watching them slice that brisket for you makes your mouth start watering. It tastes fantastic along with everything else they have there.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We are traveling across the country and have been wanting BBQ. We stopped at Rudy’s and were not disappointed. We ordered a half pound each of the lean brisket, pulled pork and turkey. While all 3 were delightful the pulled pork is truly outstanding. My husband makes an awesome pulled pork and this was even better . The staff are very helpful and will let you taste the meats if you tell them you’re a first- timer. It’s cafeteria style and priced right.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Thanks to several TripAdvisor reviews, we turned our gas station stop into lunch. We were attracted by the below average gas prices at Rudy's (20 cents below most places) and then found that it's really a barbecue place. It smells great, and has very casual counter service, picnic tables inside, and very helpful staff. They gave us samples of the brisket and the turkey and we were sold on it. The brisket was lean and flavorful. My husband had the "moist" kind (fattier). The turkey was the best I've ever tasted. They sell the meat by the pound on a piece of wax paper, no plates. The sides are extra, as are drinks. The coffee was surprisingly good. You get slices of bread with the meat. The only disappointment was the sauce. The heat levels were good but the flavor was not savory enough for me. Just not really worthy of the above average meats. This will be our regular stop when in Amarillo, for gas and food. Unique and successful concept.

Date of visit: June 2018