All reviews front desk movie theater full bar western decor free breakfast very nice hotel next morning medical center parking lot road trip santa fe beds were comfortable sausage lobby elevator mirror ihg
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Attended 50th Class Reunion. All accommodations were clean and ready. Meeting room was ready and all meals, beverages, hor d’ouvres, etc. were delivered on agreed time and of good quality. We were all well pleased.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Chris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Hello Veronica Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you and your group staying with us. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in the Amarillo area.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

This was an overnight stop on a Route 66 road trip. I would say it is pretty new...clean, well-furbished and the staff were good. After a long day on the road, a drink and a meal beckon but there is no bar or restaurant so that affects the rating. There are restaurants in the vicinity but the other side of the highway so not very safe to walk to. However, the reception staff gave us a couple of nearby restaurants who would do free pick ups. We opted for J's Sports Bar and had a really good evening.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hello Adrienne on the behalf of our team we would like to apologize for the any difficulties you experienced on arrival we do have a restaurant and bar on site and keep it open everyday from 5pm-10pm .Perhaps you may stayed at The Holiday Inn Express, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope to see on your next visit to Amarillo area.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Arrived to the hotel after 10:30 PM. It was difficult to find something to eat within walking distance as the local restaurants were closed. We ended up driving to a nearby restaurant.

The hotel itself is fine. Clean and modern rooms with friendly service. It is situated conveniently off the highway.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Chris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I was part of a large group and we had 10 rooms booked here. I checked in a day before the rest of my group. When I checked in, the front desk staff friendly and welcoming (I checked in after 4p so I am guessing that this was the 2nd shift desk crew). The rest of my group was getting in the next day around 1p. I asked the front desk employee (name withheld) about the possibility of the shuttle picking up my group. She told me that the shuttle was for air crews only and would not pick my group up. This hotel's shuttle was at the airport when my group arrived because an air crew was being picked up. A member of my group approached the shuttle driver and asked about riding in the shuttle since there was room and was told NO, find another way to the hotel. I understand the flight crew taking priority, but why could a few members of my group ride back in the shuttle when there was room for them?

When my group arrived at the hotel, this same front desk employee told them no once is checking in before 3, doesn't matter who the group is...I witnessed her say this. I inquired about luggage storage (since it's mentioned on your website), she rudely pointed to the corner and said over there. Now it's check in time, so my group heads up to the front desk and the same employee announces to everyone in the lobby "I will help anyone that isn't the police." I was beyond flabbergasted and appalled at this comment and it is the very reason that I will not stay at this hotel again.

This is the 3rd time my group has stayed at this hotel and we have never had shuttle issues or encountered the rudeness from the front desk staff before. I spoke with the sales manager that I dealt with for booking the rooms and she was no help. Told me "that's the way it's always been." I cannot speak to what was done the past 2 visits because I was not the one who booked the rooms, I only booked them for this trip.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Chris R, Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Close off the freeway, clean up to date rooms, safe area, close to restaurants (at checkin the clerk recommended a place to eat that was still open and even provided a free app coupon) . Fine value. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
PaulCAmarillo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Paul C