All reviews outback steakhouse walk in shower pizza hut would stay here again waffles beds were comfortable sausage hot breakfast exercise room breakfast room frontage road road trip one night stay waffle maker king room nice room easy access
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Difficult to find only because Garmin for some reason does not have the address right, and confuses it with the Sleep Inn Airport location. Very clean, very well furnished, HUGE bathroom with walk in shower (no tub), which brings me to my one and only negative about the hotel - water pressure was very low and it took a really long time to get hot water. The hotel is surrounded by a lot of great choices to eat. Includes cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: I doubt if there's a bad room, but 101-105 are very close to the door and parking.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Our 7th hotel we stayed in on our trip through the USA. This hotel was one of the better ones. No problems to report. Great location with lots of dinner options near by including an Outback Steakhouse right next door.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I had booked my stay here on a third part site - one of the ones that don't show you the name of the hotel until you pay for it. Well, when Sleep Inn and Suites showed up I honestly was not thrilled. I hadn't ever heard anything about it. When I showed up though I was immediately impressed with the entryway and the lobby. But I had to tell myself not to get too excited coming off 2 very disappointing hotel stays.

The lobby was very clean, decorated very nicely and had a separate breakfast area which was very spacious. The lady who checked me in was very professional and went above and beyond to get me into a room with my preferences (not what I had booked, but it doesn't hurt to ask). Checking in was a breeze and soon I was on my way to my room.

The elevator worked, the halls were clean and smelled as such. My door opened up into an elegantly decorated room with a bed that screamed "come tuck yourself in!" The bathroom clean and spacious with more towels than I could use in 2 days. My room smelled so clean and everything was spotless. When I finally did get in that bed, it fulfilled everything it promised when I first saw it.

I got hungry and didn't want to go far or have anything delivered. I ordered food online and it took me about 3 mins to walk from my room into Outback Steakhouse which is right next door. The breakfast is complimentary at the hotel, and their food selection is quite decent. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay here and it may become my go-to place whenever I visit Amarillo.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank deepestdusk
Holli S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

We take a lot of pride in making sure our guests are pleased.That they have clean and comfortable place to stay when they have to be away from home.We love to hear how happy we made you.Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you were satisfied here at the Sleep Inn & Suites.So glad that we will see you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel. It was spotless, the rooms were new looking, beds were comfortable, people were friendly and the breakfast was good. This hotel is a great value. I stay at a lot of comparable hotels and it shows when they decide to go the extra mile to stand out.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron K
Holli S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words.We do take pride in being able to please each of our guests.
So happy that we were able to that in your case.Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Kudos to Mary who was the very best hotel desk clerk we encountered on a recent two week jaunt from Arizona to Washington DC and back again. Friendly, helpful, I just can't say enough nice things about her. The hotel was very clean, well decorated. We had a nice breakfast, although offerings a little more limited than some hotels, but no compaints. We felt secure and spent a comfortable night here. Note that there is currently mucho road construction on and around the I-40 in Amarillo (Aug 2018), so pay heed to road signs and not necessarily GPS to enter and exit to businesses on the frontage road! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business