All reviews front desk hard boiled eggs around midnight passing through town oatmeal fitness room comfortable bed medical center would stay here again parking lot first floor indoor pool easy access stayed one night clean hotel pleasant stay good nights sleep
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this Marriott online. This is by far the best Fairfield Marriott we have stayed at. We checked in late and the room was very nice, updated and the double beds were so very comfortable. We were on the second floor and it was quiet with just slight highway traffic noise since it is right off the highway. The breakfast was great with many choices, eggs, fresh fruit, yogurts, oatmeal with roasted nuts (loved) and good coffee so I didn’t have to find a Starbucks! The gal in the breakfast area was so very sweet and kept everything clean and filled. The staff at front desk so professional and kind. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank QueenOnABudget
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I don't normally review chain hotels, since I have expectations for the entire chain. However, in this case, the front desk went above and beyond, and my wife and I appreciated it. We arrived with a frozen pizza in a cooler. We had mistakenly purchased it at a previous stop, thinking that our condo had an oven. That wasn't the case. The room refrigerator at the Fairfield Inn didn't have a freezer to hold the pizza. We talked with the front desk person, who immediately volunteered to put the pizza into the freezer in the facility's kitchen, where it remained until we left. We were impressed with this customer service, which required a response to an unusual situation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John A
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel thinking it was like other Marriotts (high quality).. I was way wrong. The check in took forever and I didn't feel welcome at all. I asked for coffee and was told it wasn't fresh because they don't keep up with it at night. The pool was with the lights off before its closing time. This hotel has only ONE elevator and is mega slow!

The worst part was that our room was hot as hell because the air conditioner wasn't working, and when I asked to be moved to another room they said they were sold out and kindly offered fans (fans for a $150 stay!!) are you kidding me.. and that was all they could do.. I told the front desk person that I would be reviewing and posting this bad experience in TripAdvisor, but she acted like it wasn't a big deal and she could care less.... Anyways we ended up leaving and asking for a refund.

Finally as you can infer I don't recommend this hotel at all. There are many other better ones in the area so keep on looking.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vimari K
Cristina B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your comments. We want to assure you we use all guest comments to train and develop our team so that we may provide exceptional service. I am so sorry we fell short during your stay. We want all of our guests to have a stress-free stay, and sincerely regret this was not the case during your visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We have stayed here before. Convenient for our trip East. Typical Fairfield. Convenient to highway and restaurants. We will stay here again. Like the steaks at Hofbrau restaurant nearby. Service was normal.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving us a review. We look foreword to seeing you again, and we look foreword to the opportunity to provide exceptional service next time. We'll have a Hofbaru coupon and friendly smiles waiting for you!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Fairfield Inn is on the West side of Amarillo right off of Interstate 40 making access very easy. The facility was clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and efficient. There are several restaurants nearby that are easily accessible by vehicle but not easily walkable. The rate was easy on the budget and I would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We so look foreword to seeing you again should your travels bring you through Amarillo in the future. We'll have fresh baked cookies waiting for you!